Member of Technical Staff 4
Nutanix, a leader in enterprise cloud, is looking to hire outstanding software developers to join our Insights Team. The Insights Team provides predictive health and support automation for Nutanix customers, enabling them to easily uncover gaps in health and remediate issues that arise, resulting in self-serving of issues by customers. We are looking for experienced Software Engineers to design, develop and implement next-gen features for our Discovery engine. These next-gen features include the ability to provide insights based on cross customer analytics, best practices recommendations based on workload, and extending discoveries to other products across the Nutanix product suite. You’ll work closely with Systems Reliability Engineers (SREs), Product Managers, and other product teams to refine the scope of these wide-ranging and challenging problems and propose creative solutions for the same.
- Partner with systems reliability engineers, escalation engineers, and product development teams to translate their needs into ETL flows using rules to provide insights
- Design and implement prerequisite data engineering by authoring jobs via Apache Spark
- Drive the implementation of projects by coordinating with other lead engineers on the Insights team
- Provide KPIs to evaluate the effectiveness of the discoveries uncovered
- Work with various big data platforms, databases, and systems such as AWS Redshift / Snowflake, AWS RDS, AWS S3, and other big data technologies
- Participate in data modeling discussions and influence data products roadmap to ensure optimal performance
- Debug job executions on Apache Spark clusters in AWS using S3, CloudWatch, Lambda
- BA, BS, or MS degree in Computer Science or related degree
- 2-4 years of professional experience in software engineering
- Proficiency with one or more of the following languages: Python, Scala, Java, Golang, C++
- Experience working with Big Data technologies and one or more of the following cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.
- An owner's mindset and experience working in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology
- Experience working with Apache Spark is a huge plus
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique. We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled. We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.