Release Manager, Technical Programs
Hungry. Humble. Honest.
Our values form the foundation of who we are and how we operate every day around the world. They show up in our ambition to achieve our dreams, our courage to do what matters, and our tenacity to keep customers happy. At Nutanix, we prize those unique individuals who demonstrate empathy, respect differences, and appreciate others. If you’re authentic, credible and transparent—someone who walks your talk and thrives on collaboration—we want you to join our team!
Be a part of building a company that is truly leading an IT revolution. We make infrastructure invisible, elevating IT to focus on the applications and services that power their business. Led by Dheeraj Pandey, one of CRN’s “Top 25 Innovators of 2016,” Nutanix welcomes big thinkers and budding entrepreneurs, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a business along the way.
Release Manager/Technical Program Manager
We are looking for a Release Manager/Technical Program Manager with a strong technical background to join our growing and dynamic Nutanix Engineer Group. You will own the Release Management lifecycle of Nutanix product lines, which includes scheduling, coordinating, and management of releases for multiple products across the organization. The releases include major feature additions, maintenance packs, and both bug fix and security patches. Products include both hardware and software.
You will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes from inception, through requirements, development, test, and into final production environments. Also, you will collaborate with all participants involved with development projects and be supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments.
- Plan the release windows and cycles for all products
- Manage risks and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure releases are delivered on time and meet or exceed expectations
- Communicate all key project plans, dedications, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule and scope changes
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations worldwide
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews
- Weekly Release Reporting
- Communicate release details and schedules to the organization as required
- Work with Release Engineering to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Maintain the release schedule for Major/Minor/Maintenance releases and ensure alignment among all teams in the company
- Continually make improvements in the release process
- Lead and co-ordinate the NPI activities related to all releases including the execution of deployment plans and checklists
- Maintain a release repository and manage key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Research new software development and configuration methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or related field
- 8-10 years previous release and/or project management experience
- 5 years of experience at Enterprise equipment or services company in a systems analysis or development position
- Solid understanding of release and project management principles
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Experience with bug tracking and management systems (JIRA, Bugzilla, …)
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate multi-functional work teams toward completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills a must
- Experience in Data Storage, Virtualization, and Enterprise Equipment Deployment
- Experience with Microservices/Cloud and knowledge of Agile Methodologies
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office and expert knowledge of Excel
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.