Development Manager/Senior Development Manager - DR & Backup
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
As the Development Manager/Senior Development Manager of the Disaster Recovery team, the candidate will own and help shape up the future of disaster recovery services and solutions at Nutanix. We are building Disaster Recovery products both for the on-prem world and the on-prem to Cloud. This involves building large scale, distributed and highly performant systems that can move 1000’s of VMs and its data across Nutanix clusters.
We are looking for a leader who is passionate about solving large enterprise business problems at scale in a fast-paced environment.
If you are interested in building architecturally elegant systems and are motivated by solving hard business process problems with technology then this could be the position for you.
- Mentor and lead a team of very talented engineers to continue to build products in the Disaster Recovery area
- Ability to earn the technical respect of the engineering team. The candidate must be able to understand the product at a detailed level and be able to contribute to design discussions and code reviews
- Ability to drive innovation and change. As an engineering leader, we will look to you to help plan, evolve and deliver the product.
- Partner with other teams in Nutanix to drive consensus on design decisions
- Obsess over the customer and requirements
Qualifications and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in developing distributed systems
- 3+ years managing a team of 5+ people
- Start-up development and/or management experience a must. Experience building and monetizing solutions from scratch a huge plus
- Understanding of cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure) is a plus
- Experience/understanding of disaster recovery concepts is a requirement.
- Knowledge of C/C++ is a must. Experience in Go/Python programming is an advantage.
- Experience/understanding of scalable and distributed systems [Ex: knowledge of Zoopkeeper, Cassandra etc].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.