Senior Network Engineer
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.As a Network Engineer in our Data Center Network team you will be responsible for working with our architects and influencing design and operations of a global infrastructure supporting a large scale cloud provider. You will be accountable for device configuration, management and tooling. Also, reliable tracking and uptime to meet customer requirements.
- Partner with team members and development groups to engineer a scalable network designs and inside and outside the data center environment.
- Ensure continued smooth operation of the global network infrastructure. Lead solution designing, architecture, and implementation of growing network service portfolio as a member of a team.
- Participate in the rotating "on call" schedule with other members of the team solving the most complex networking issues.
- Standard network administration duties including network hardware, i.e. switches, firewalls, network/security devices installs and patch management, Network problem determination and resolution, log analysis, etc.
- Configure, test, and maintain all network infrastructure and services, including switches, routers, firewalls and VPN.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve network problems including network connectivity, traffic utilization, etc. using available network tools in a timely fashion.
- Design, implement, and support monitoring services, using network monitoring and management tools such as Solarwinds and Zenos
- 7 +years of experience with a service provider or enterprise-level network in engineering or design roles. Architecture experience is plus
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in network routing protocol troubleshooting like BGP, OSPF, IS-IS and MPLS.
- Network certifications (CCNP, CCIE, or JNCIE) would be a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP, GRE, IPSec, POS, PPP, VRRP, HSRP and SNMP protocols.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You will be an adept network engineer with extensive experience in enterprise or cloud scale data center design design engineering
- Proven collaborative skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage assignments independently.
- Possess extensive experience with LAN/WAN with modern platforms and architecture to include Arista, Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Aruba, FireEye, Dell, Fortigate, and Juniper platforms.
- Support network infrastructure for virtualized environments with multiple OS platforms and hypervisors including IP address management and schemes, DHCP, VLANs, Ether-Channel (Bonding), wifi, and etc.
- In-depth understanding of network hardware platforms and their specifications in the datacenter space.
- Experience troubleshooting stateful packet flows and common network issues.
- Demonstrated capacity to handle multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
- Documents network problems and resolution for future reference
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.