Member of Technical Staff - 3
About The Team
Do you love scaling data systems for high concurrency with low latency? The Beam data platform team works on the most cutting-edge data platform databases/tools to solve hard data-scaling problems. We work in a fast-paced startup mindset and look forward to adding self-initiated team members who like to take ownership and build great internal-facing data platform services.
We are currently looking for an experienced Backend Engineer to help us deliver a great core/data platform service that will be consumed by the internal product/app engineering team as well consumed by customers.
- Analyze, Build large data systems that can scale large volumes of data.
- Architect, design and develop Internal Web-scale Services.
- Improve performance and scalability of internal back-end components.
- Keep an eye out for technology trends, open-source projects that can be leveraged, and make contributions back to the opensource projects.
- Build & support internal-facing platform services that will be used by the engineering team.
- Love for programming and rock-solid in one or more languages: Java, Go, or Python.
- Good understanding of data structure and algorithms.
- Understand multiple open-source distributed databases/queue/streaming systems and its tradeoff and are capable of leveraging the right tool for the right use cases.
- Experience in Streaming systems like Apache Flink/Spark will be a huge plus.
- Experience in Apache Druid or ClickHouse is a huge plus.
- Experience in Apache Pulsar/Kafka is a huge plus.
- Extensive knowledge of Systems Networking and distributed systems (CAP Theorem).
- Familiarity in designing and architecting applications on AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Understand data layer scaling issues and come up with product (open source) solutions.
- Familiarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/ implementation tradeoffs in building clustered, high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software.
- Familiarity with consensus protocol (Paxos/Raft) and consensus systems (Zookeeper or Consul).
- Familiarity with containers and microservices.
- Experience in any open-source workflow engine would be an added advantage.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- 2-8 years of experience designing and developing web-scale software applications.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.