Systems Reliability Engineer (Japanese speaking)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.Job Summary
We are ensuring the success of our groundbreaking technology through cluster health monitoring and quick response time. We are top-notch engineers from companies like Cisco, VMware, and Google with the ability to handle all problems that come our way. Working closely with Sales and Software Engineers, the SRE team acts as our customer’s champions and has guaranteed that not a single box has been returned.
Nutanix is seeking well-rounded junior and senior Systems Reliability Engineers, customer-facing engineers. You will support our systems in the field and provide an enriched and successful product experience. You will need to be the champion for Nutanix, building clustered converged storage and compute systems that combine solid state drives with an revolutionary file system to solve some of the biggest pain points in virtualization.
- Debug and diagnose customer issues encountered in the field.
- Improve serviceability of the product by developing tools to scale our field deployment and auto-support infrastructure.
- Provide analysis of the our existing customer base to avoid and minimize risks in the field.
- Define and drive changes to our product with the development engineering team, given feedback from customers and field implementations.
- Work with technology partners (ie. Vmware, Citrix, Fusion-IO, Mellanox, Microsoft) to resolve issues and push improvements in our ecosystem.
- Develop and contribute to internal and external knowledge bases.
- Available to be on support weekdays and weekends on a rotational basis.
- Be a champion for our customers. Go above and beyond to support their business and use of the Nutanix product.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- The passion & ability to learn new things, while never being satisfied with the status quo.
- Willingness to work in a fast growing company with huge potential.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in virtualization (preferably Vmware ESXi), layer 2/3 networking, Linux systems administration, and storage analysis and troubleshooting.
- BS in Engineering (or equivalent technical degree and 5+ years work experience).
- Proficient in written and verbal Japanese
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.