Manager, Security Engineering
Manager, Security Engineering
Hungry. Humble. Honest.
Our values form the foundation of who we are and how we operate every day around the world. They show up in our ambition to achieve our dreams, our courage to do what matters, and our tenacity to keep customers happy. At Nutanix, we prize those unique individuals who demonstrate empathy, respect differences, and appreciate others. If you’re authentic, credible and transparent—someone who walks your talk and thrives on collaboration—we want you to join our team!
Be a part of building a company that is truly leading an IT revolution. We make infrastructure invisible, elevating IT to focus on the applications and services that power their business. Led by Dheeraj Pandey, one of CRN’s “Top 25 Innovators of 2016,” Nutanix welcomes big thinkers and budding entrepreneurs, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a business along the way.
Nutanix employees enjoy some amazing benefits and perks: healthcare, plenty of snacks, employee (and family) events, world renowned speakers, training and development, and much more. See what life is like at Nutanix by following us on Twitter: @NutanixCareers and Instagram: @Nutanix
The ideal candidate will have a passion for cybersecurity, system monitoring and analysis, and developing/automating creative solutions. As a deeply technical security architect and leader of our security engineers, you will be expected to be skilled at identifying security gaps in infrastructure and process, effectively execute projects/initiatives to address them, demonstrate excellent judgment, prioritization and communication of technical security risks, and act as a security liaison supporting business units.
Key Responsibilities may include:
- Be a strong thought leader and clearly communicate and build support for your ideas
- Proactively identify gaps, risks and issues and navigate organizational structure to resolve them
- Operate our key security tools and constantly tune and build automated response playbooks
- Define security configurations for endpoint, network, e-mail security, etc.
- Design automated workflows to streamline security operations
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, costs, time, and work effort needed to design and implement moderately complex technical solutions.
- Monitors and proactively manages supported products and services to assure their performance, availability, security, and capacity.
- Researches, analyzes, and formulates recommendations regarding technologies, products, and solutions to fulfill requirements within the enterprise.
- May act as a consultant on special projects for multiple teams.
- May provide coaching and guidance to more junior staff
- Evaluate and propose best practices/standards, process improvements, and security policy to provide the highest levels of availability, security and data privacy.
- Highly motivated, able to take ownership of tasks and see through completion.
- Must be well organized and able to leverage best practices, able to thrive in fast-paced environment, and, most importantly, have the ability to approach problems with an innovative, can-do attitude
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives
- Strong communication skills to work with both collaborative cross-functional team of peers and departments within the company.
- Experience deploying and managing various security technologies including AV, network security, e-mail security, SIEM
- Experience with cloud technologies
- Knowledge of enterprise logging, with a focus on security event logging.
- Strong understanding of security operations concepts
- Proven expertise with networking protocols
- Experience with Microsoft Windows, Linux, and MacOS Operating Systems
- Experience working with Enterprise Architecture standards and processes.
- Experience with 1 or more programming or scripting language such as Python, Bash, VBScript
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Security, or Information Systems preferred
- Strong understanding of basic visualization techniques
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to express themselves verbally in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience leading global technical teams.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.