Senior Software Engineer - Identity Access Management
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast paced environment working with extremely smart, passionate software developers, this might be the role for you. You will work on hard problems at scale and will have autonomy to deliver.
Nutanix, a leader in enterprise cloud, is looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer to be part of the Identity and Access Management (IAM) team. Our team is building an Identity and Access Management service that helps customers secure access to resources across their Nutanix hybrid cloud infrastructure.
Nutanix welcomes big thinkers, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges.
- Design and develop distributed, scalable and secure software for the hybrid cloud environment.
- Work closely with development, QA and product management teams to deliver products in a fast-paced environment.
- Contribute in defining the long term vision and actively influence the product direction to align for customer success.
- Define and maintain a very high product quality bar by owning the content from inception to delivery.
- Engage with customers and support when required to solve production issues.
- The candidate must be detail oriented, have superior verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, able to juggle multiple tasks at once, able to work independently, respect differences and can maintain professionalism under various circumstances.
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing reliable, scalable software solutions.
- Strong knowledge of distributed systems.
- Solid programming skills - excellent at Java and/or Python programming for enterprise quality software development. Golang experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with authentication protocols such as OAuth2, OpenID Connect, SAML, LDAP or Kerberos is highly desirable.
- Experience developing and deploying containerized services on Kubernetes is a plus.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree: Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years of overall development or research experience.
- 2+ years of experience with leading a software development team.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.