We are looking for someone who is passionate about solving complex problems, and whose work demonstrates strong design aptitude for enterprise-level product design. The successful candidate is someone who is excited by the opportunity to work with a globally distributed design team and can help grow and connect design projects across Nutanix's worldwide offices.
The ideal candidate will,
- Understand enterprise problems with medium to high complexity and create simple and elegant user experiences.
- Successfully present concepts to key stakeholders and articulate the rationale for design decisions.
- Build consensus/convergence within the design team, engineering, product management and other stakeholders.
- Ability to design and execute research studies in the context of their design exercises.
- Ability to translate research insights into design solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to execute on simultaneous design-related activities.
- Showcases knowledge of design processes and understanding of the Eng Development processes.
- In the course of time, build a solid understanding of at least one product domain and develop a good reputation within the company in that domain.
- Ability to deliver advanced UX concepts, flows and wireframes.
- 3+ years of user experience design experience for web applications with a bachelor’s degree in design/ graphic design/ fine art/ computer science or related CS/design field.
- Passion for design, data visualization, telling customer stories and simplifying the complex problems.
- Strong working knowledge of latest wireframing/ design and prototyping tools.
- Familiar with user research techniques and usability testing (in-person and remote), user research, contextual inquiry, interviews, qualitative design analysis, and design thinking.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and concisely towards building consensus.
- Interest in designing for enterprise software.
- Knowledge / experience is designing data visualizations.
Have working knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.