Legal Counsel - APJ
Rapidly Growing Technology Company with San Jose CA HQ seeks an Attorney to be based in Tokyo, Singapore or Sydney, preferred location is Tokyo but we will consider others. Fluency in Japanese is essential and required.
A few things about Nutanix and Nutanix Legal:
Nutanix is the recognized world leader in Hyper-converged Technology. We are growing fast. In less than a decade, we have gone from a brand-new start-up to a public company with over 18,000 customers and 6000 employees. We have offices all over the world, and over a billion in revenue, but we still operate like the scrappy disrupter that we are. The Nutanix law department provides legal\contractual support for this fast-paced multi-national corporation. We are a global legal team of legal and contract management professionals.
Our team is founded on three pillars:
1. Partnership- We strive to be the easiest company in the tech sector with which to do business. Easy for our customers. Easy for our internal teammates.
2. Service- We to our best every day to enable our teammates to drive revenue, increase market share and build winning relationships with our partners and customers.
3. Integrity- Our sense of ethics is of paramount importance to team Nutanix.
We strive to act as a Strategic Business Advisor, End-To-End Business Enabler and Risk Management Centre of Excellence every day.
Our legal group, working in close proximity with Nutanix our sales teams, has built a reputation as a change agent; a team that embraces innovative business models, pioneering service delivery, technology and business process best practices to achieve great things.
Who we are looking for:
Reporting into Legal Director for the APJ region, you will play an important role in ensuring Nutanix’s continuing success by working closely with our sales teams, partners and customers with a high degree of pragmatic commerciality too facilitate the close of revenue generating transactions and help to establish key strategic alliances with Nutanix Japan team and other teams within the APJ region. You have a strong work ethic and flexibility and are comfortable working with a high degree of autonomy and ambiguity. You are a pro-active legal professional with a penchant for helping to build a vibrant business and have a strong bias for action. You feel comfortable working in a fast paced international and multi-cultural environment and enjoy working across multiple internal company disciplines. You are curious about complex technology and strive to be a highly visible key component in a rapidly expanding business that deals with some of the largest enterprises in the world.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to our commercial success and growth goals as an integrated strategic business advisor and enabler.
- Review, draft and negotiate strategic opportunity-specific commercial agreements including non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), software license agreements, partner agreements, DPAs, procurement contracts, reseller/subcontract agreements, services agreements and strategic alliance agreements utilizing playbooks and templates.
- Work on complex and high value revenue generating commercial transactions and high visibility procurements.
- Coordinate with commercial sales team members, commercial deal desk and sales operations managers to ensure that the company is able to book and recognize revenue, minimize risk and to protect our intellectual property.
- Provide contractual content for proposal (RFP) responses to strategic solicitations including legal terms and conditions, representations and certifications, and other contractually related requirements for selling on-prem, off-prem and cloud/SaaS software and support.
- Coordinate with sales, finance, pricing, product, support and other functional internal departments, ensuring proper communication and internal approval/sign-off as required.
- Monitor contract performance by determining compliance to contract and regulatory requirements and coordinate with management and other internal groups to ensure these requirements are being satisfactorily fulfilled.
What we expect:
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification legal experience with a minimum of 3 years in-house experience.
- Licensed to practice law in one of the APJ jurisdictions.
- Familiarity with various software transaction and sales models, including SaaS, Cloud and Hybrid Cloud and on-premise software licensing.
- A proven track record of negotiating various commercial agreements with IP and licensing focus and providing support to pre-sales and sales teams.
- Fluency in English and Japanese. Native fluency in Japanese is preferred.
- Familiarity with various revenue recognition rules and accounting standards.
- Evidence of strong knowledge of privacy issues.
- Ability to work concurrently on a variety of projects and able to “keep all the balls in the air”.
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and efficiently with both entry-level colleagues and senior management across the business.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and contract drafting skills, communication and interpersonal skills and time management skills.
What you’ll get:
We offer a unique culture, which is empowered by our 12 principles https://www.nutanix.com/content/dam/nutanix/resources/infographics/inf-12-nutanix-culture-principles.pdf
You’ll get a chance to be at the forefront of digital transformation in the hybrid cloud era and we offer many programs that help foster your personal and professional growth along with a very competitive benefits package.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.