Senior Resident Consultant - Naperville, IL
Nutanix is the global leader for Hyperconverged Infrastructure solutions and we are seeking to expand our team. Nutanix Customer Success provides trusted resources who possess a wide range of industry experience to customers around the world. Nutanix Resident Consultants have the main focus on customer-specified outcomes, provide technical leadership, advice around standard methodologies, and provide an expert viewpoint on the customer's needs.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Nutanix Customer Success is looking for a Customer focused, ambitious, and driven virtualization consultant to serve as a Senior Resident Consultant for a major player in the retail space. This is an onsite position located in Naperville, IL.
Your Responsibilities will include
- Administration and support of your customer's existing Nutanix/VMware environment, Investigate and solve issues in the environment, create growth plans and generate reports based on your customer's current trends.
- You will lead and drive architectural strategy activities in concert with the architecture and engineering teams. This position will require an extended knowledge of the VMware stack and integration thereof.
- Act as a trusted advisor to teams while providing guidance for Nutanix and VMware standard methodologies. You will also Identify and suggest architectural and engineering changes that would benefit the customer in their environment.
- You will join efforts with the Nutanix Sales Team in identifying and communicating new opportunities as well as ongoing customer status and reporting. You'll also keep the customer well-informed by providing status reporting on projects, updates to software and any ancillary documentation.
- You will be responsible for the Physical placement of servers and installation of Nutanix software which will require the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
- We are seeking an individual who is patient and professional. You should be able to remain calm when under pressure and be someone who thrives in an environment where there is an opportunity to educate others.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience as a virtualization consultant.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills used as part of a commitment to help others succeed.
- A keen knowledge of VMware ESX and data center virtualization which includes experience with Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform.
- Deep understanding of storage technologies and data protection technologies like replication, snapshots, backup, restore, etc.
- Deep Windows administration abilities and experience.
- An ability to independently analyze and diagnose highly complex networking problems across different platforms.
- Ability to be hands-on in servicing the requirements of a client.
- A focus on delighting the customer and building relationships.
- High level of comfort performing whiteboarding sessions, group presentations, and crafting documents such as white papers, processes, and other customer-centric documentation.
- Experience in Healthcare.
- Experience with the Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform.
- Nutanix NPP or NCP 5 certification
- Advanced VMware certification such as VCAP/VCIX-DCV
- Advanced Citrix certifications including XenDesktop.
- Deep understanding of software-defined storage with a focus on distributed storage.
- Experience with Virtual networking like NSX.
- Migration of workload, both P2V, and V2V.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or MIS.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.