SecOps Engineer (Frame)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
SecOps Engineer (Frame)
Hailed as "the future of computing in the post-PC era," Frame, now part of Nutanix, is a revolutionary, secure visual cloud platform for your Windows apps. Our customers range from startups and schools to major companies, like Adobe: we let them run all their Windows apps directly from the cloud with no code changes required.
The Frame Security team is responsible to architect, implement, and maintain company wide security operations capabilities. These implementations focus on delivering secure operations in order to transform security from a checkbox product and practices into an operation that combines products, people and processes. Systems that we build must be robust, highly available, high performing, secure, and run on large scale. We are looking for a new member to help deliver best in-class secure operations. You will be responsible for implementing cloud-based security solutions in order to monitor, detect, analyze, respond and recover from advanced cyber threats facing Frame’s PaaS offering and its customers. As cyber attacks occur, this position will lead incident response processes and execute necessary after-action analysis, forensics and response procedures.You will dedicatedly simulate cyber events in order to test and improve our defensive capabilities. You will work closely with both the Technical Operations, Engineering teams and other security personnel to fill a vital role in securely protecting vital customer data.
- Deploys and maintains security configurations and tools within the scope of the SecOPS team
- Work with engineering teams to define and support implementation of security requirements
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities
- Work with engineers, developers, and product managers to identify security risks within the platform and any supporting infrastructure
- Conduct source code reviews of Frame capabilities
- Lead and support internal pen-testing exercises and external security audits
- Test and evaluate Frame components for vulnerabilities and provide remediation recommendations to engineering teams
- Actively monitor for security breaches and malicious activities
- Provide recommendations to corporate security policies to enable security excellence in Frame operations
- Train peers in security awareness and procedures
- Coordinate security incidents and remediation activities across engineering teams
- Enhance corporate security monitoring architectures based upon evolving security threats
- Support all employee on-boarding activities including configuring, equipment, installing software, setting up email, VPN accounts and other services, setting up accounts and access rights based on role, providing employees office access environments
- Support operations of Frame corporate infrastructure, account management/review to ensure secure operations within Frame/ Nutanix
- Recovery of company assets, account management, and organizational manager support for departing employees
- Maintenance and support of office file servers, server room, office networks and shared equipment
Due to time zone difference, some availability after business hours expected. The position assumes trips to the San Francisco Bay Area, California a few times a year.
- Fluent in English, verbal and written
- Experience with handling and administering Google and Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- Experience with complex networking technologies including firewalls, VPN, routing, switching, load balancers, monitoring, PKI and DNS
- Expert level skills in Unix/Linux system administration
- Expert level ability to script/code in multiple languages including python, terraform, ansible, etc...
- Hands-on experience with implementing and customizing logging or Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions
- Expert level experience with log analysis and correlation
- Experience with AWS and other cloud infrastructures and concepts
- Knowledge of cyber forensics tools and techniques
- Ability to dedicatedly coordinate with vendors to procure IT equipment
- Experienced working with managing the JIRA/Confluence and other Atlassian products
- Familiar with Okta SSO solution
- Experience with ethical hacking and threat modeling
Solving hard problems requires highly talented people and we compensate appropriately.
We value growth mindset in people and we support them in their personal development/education efforts, one of the ways we are doing this is through personal education allowance.
In addition to this, we offer private health insurance, fit pass card, parking, flexible working hours, lunch and snacks…
We have openings for this position in either our Belgrade office (Belgrade Office Park), or our Nis office (downtown Nis).
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.