Member of Technical Staff (Golang preferred)
Nutanix Prism Pro improves the quality and efficiency in IT operations for the modern datacenter. Powered by machine learning and task automation, Prism Pro intelligently optimizes capacity, proactively detects performance anomalies, and enables the IT team to automate operations tasks with ease and confidence. Traditional IT operations management (ITOM) tools were built for static infrastructure. They often overwhelm IT teams with complex and noisy alerts that the teams can’t do anything about. In dynamic and scalable modern data centers with high performance and diverse workloads, IT teams need simplicity and accuracy to achieve high productivity in operations.
Overview of the role
MTS, Developer is responsible for building the monitoring, collections & analytics layer in the control plane (management layer) of the Nutanix platform. An important part of prism-pro is building the capability to gather configuration and metrics from parts of Nutanix Platform, Applications running on Nutanix Infrastructure, as well as other entities running in the datacenter and cloud. The developer is also expected to write services that leverage these configurations and metrics to provide monitoring, automation and troubleshooting capabilities to the end user.
The individual needs to have a keen interest in building impactful end to end features (architecture, design, thinking through workflows / use cases / experience and development of scalable solutions for the same) for customers. The solution would be like a platform so as to be usable by a variety of applications as well as Nutanix services.
- Develop scalable and performant Analytics and Monitoring Platform software
- Contribute as a strong, hands-on technical member in product development activities to develop clean, refactored and tested code that is extensible and highly reusable.
- Develop innovative products through all phases of software development including conception, design, implementation, and deployment.
- Work in an Agile environment where Quality is everyone’s responsibility.
- Collaborate closely with teams engaged in building the frontend and driving the user experience of the product
- Collaborate with the Product Management team to translate requirements into high-quality, timely deliverables to wow our users.
- Collaborate with other engineers in the team to develop and use effective mechanisms to ensure code quality.
- Collaborate with teams which could be potential stakeholders of the product
- Get feedback on the product and incorporate it into the product in innovative ways
- 2-5 years of development experience using Golang/Python/C++
- Experience in building scalable performant distributed systems. This includes experience and knowledge of
- Sync/async programming design
- Object oriented design
- Fault tolerant systems
- 2-5 years of experience developing applications.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.