Member of Technical Staff - C/C++ systems programming
Nutanix engineers are crafting a revolutionary technology, building the Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS. We're using our love of programming and diverse backgrounds to deliver the simplicity and agility of popular public cloud services, but with the security and control that you need in a private cloud. At Nutanix, you'll find no shortage of challenging problems to work on. We work closely with our product in a collegiate, collaborative environment that encourages the open exploration of ideas.
About the product team:
Nutanix software is deployed on hundreds of thousands of clusters across the world. The Nutanix clusters run several critical applications for customers. Our team is responsible for providing disaster recovery (DR) capability for the applications running on the clusters. This includes advanced, high performance data replication capabilities to meet the RPO (recovery point objective) and RTO (recovery time objective) requirements of the applications. The use cases cover on-premises (private cloud), hybrid cloud and multi-cloud scenarios.
- Design and develop software for a converged computing + storage platform for the software defined data center.
- Develop a deep understanding of complex distributed systems, and design innovative solutions for customer requirements.
- Improve performance, scale-out and resiliency of distributed storage systems.
- Work closely with other development teams, testers, documentation writers and product management to deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
- Engage with customers and support when needed to solve production issues.
Requirement Skills Set:
- Love of programming and rock-solid in one or more languages: C, C++, Java, Python, ideally for enterprise-quality software
- Deep understanding of UNIX/Linux internals.
- Development experience in file systems, operating systems, database back-ends, distributed systems management, Cloud technologies is plus.
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Zookeeper and other large-scale distributed systems preferred.
- Familiarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/implementation trade-offs in building clustered, high- performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software.
- Experience working with virtualization technologies like VMware, Hyper-V, Xen. VMware preferred
- Familiarity with x86 architecture, virtualization and/or storage management
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required. Advanced degree in related field preferred
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Can-do attitude while solving difficult problems spanning across multiple teams
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving agile environment
- 2-6 years exp
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.