The primary goal of APAC Nutanix Services is to ensure the success of our customers. The Services function engages customers in the pre-sales and post-sales stages to deliver high-valued outcomes in their software-defined data center (SDDC), hybrid cloud strategy and architecture. Besides helping customers implement Nutanix products successfully, the Services team, working with our partners, delivers migrations, private/hybrid cloud, VDI, and Tier 1 Application re-platforming solutions to enable truly software-defined data centers. The Nutanix Services function includes consulting, planning, design, implementation, integration and automation services as well as project management.
This Consulting Architect will be part of APAC Services team and deliver services that implement virtualization, cluster migration, private/hybrid cloud, automation, and orchestration for customers in Japan.
- Billable Project work 70% of time, 30% will be services sales activity
- Plan, design, and deliver virtualization solutions on Nutanix, automation and orchestration for customer’s private/hybrid cloud environments
- Participate in pre-sales, working with services sales for scope of work definition, quoting, proposal, and lead digital transformation workshops for large enterprises, especially for large project, complex projects, emerging product projects and take a lead on those first delivery
- Create toolkits and best practice documents
- Up to 50% of travel
- A minimum of 10 years of industry experience
- Deep understanding of virtualization technologies (VMware or Hyper-V) is a must
- High comfort level using one or more automation tools or orchestration frameworks (e.g. VMware vRealize, Microsoft Systems Center Orchestrator, etc.)
- Experience with Amazon Web Service (AWS) Technologies
- Experience with vRO, Kubernetes and Mesosphere enterprise technologies
- Experience with Microsoft virtualization technologies and Azure pack
- Experience in network virtualization with a focus on NSX or ACI or Palo Alto Networks
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related
- Project management skills
- Strong technical aptitude
- Strong communication skills and native Japanese level
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.