OEM Sr. Systems Engineer - EMEA (m/f)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Nutanix is looking for a Sr. Systems Engineer OEM for the EMEA region. As an OEM Sales Engineer, you are responsible for selling Nutanix OEM Product and Solutions through the OEM organisation and interacting directly with regional sales teams in EMEA. You will be working closely with the EMEA OEM Manager, EMEA Channel team and Regional sales and SE leaders.
Essential to success in this role is the ability to drive bookings and sales growth of the OEM series together with the OEM Sales and Marketing organizations. This will be achieved shoulder to shoulder with the native Nutanix team in EMEA and HQ providing support and tools from the Engineering, Marketing, and Product Development departments for you to leverage to exceed sales performance goals. In this position you will be supporting a large amount of structural and tactical Sales Engineer activities across all countries in the EMEA region.
- Drive revenue and bookings growth through the OEM partner.
- Use relationship management techniques and sales engineering skills to develop selling opportunities within alliance partner organizations; penetrate new divisions and organizations within alliance partner account; develop new selling relationships within assigned alliance partner account; develop new direct selling opportunities together with the OEM partner sales team.
- Train and enable relevant technical and sales teams.
- Schedule and attend sales call appointments with prospects and partners.
- Help with architecture, design, RFP reply, product demonstrations and Proof of Concepts
- Utilizing a consultative approach, discuss business issues with prospect and develop a formal quote, a written sales proposal or a formal sales presentation addressing their business and technical needs.
- Build and strengthen the technical and business relationship with current accounts and new prospects together with the alliance partner and the Nutanix sales team.
- Recommend marketing and product strategies to drive demand for the OEM series.
- Provide status information to your Manager including technical status of deals in the pipeline, tactical and structural OEM partner activities.
- Provide, or facilitate training opportunities for your alliance partner and relevant key channels.
- Provide product feedback back to engineering to improve Nutanix solution for the alliance partner.
- Thorough understanding and sales engineering experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Application Virtualization (Citrix,…)
- Server Virtualization (Vmware, Microsoft, KVM,…)
- Networking, Server (preferably Dell), Storage, and Platform Performance/Sizing.
- Ability to maintain relationships with sales, technical and marketing resources at all levels of the alliance partner and field organization (Sales Engineers and Sales reps).
- Thorough understanding of sales engineering techniques and processes including the ability to understand customer needs, overcome objections, assist in the development of business cases, and close deals.
- Ability to assist and train alliance partner technical and sales resources to present solution, run demos, poc’s and reply to offers for end users
- Flexible, dependable, self-starter, and capable of quickly learning new products and technologies
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, as well as excellent presentation skills
- Ability to travel throughout all countries in EMEA.
- An aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve technical and business problems as well as the competitive landscape.
- Track record of exceeding assigned sales quotas in contiguous, multiple years.
Qualifications and Experience
- 3 to 10 years of sales engineering experience preferred.
- Experience that demonstrates a strong level of expertise in technical specifications required to sell Nutanix products and services is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.