Director of Engineering - Flow
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Nutanix, a leader in enterprise cloud, is looking to hire outstanding Engineering & Technology leaders to join our Software Defined Security product suite called Nutanix Flow. You will be part of a small yet impactful team with ample opportunity to grow and expand your skills. Nutanix welcomes big thinkers and budding entrepreneurs, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible technology challenges and interested in learning how to build a business along the way.
About Nutanix Flow:
Nutanix Flow is a Software Defined Network Security (micro-segmentation & security operations) product that provides a simplified way to create and manage application centric policies.
Flow enables security administrators to govern their applications and environments independent of the physical infrastructure. Flow delivers advanced networking, security services and compliance insights that allow enterprises to gain visibility and granular control of their enterprise applications.
- Provide technical leadership experience in design, architecture, quality and support of software defined security services.
- Strong execution focus and ability to lead a distributed engineering team and drive a results-oriented culture in a fast-paced environment.
- Work closely with Product, Engineering & QA teams to achieve timely releases with quality first focus.
- Experience growing and mentoring a leadership team of Engineering & QA managers.
- Recruit top talent to build and scale teams with modern software development (agile) and release delivery processes.
- Work collaboratively with Support, Product & Customer success teams to effectively drive customer escalations to resolution.
- Be a good mentor and coach to the Engineering teams on design, technology and processes etc
- 15+ years of experience in various elements of full-stack software development front end, back end, data and insights and hands-on technical design & implementation experience
- Deep understanding of software-defined data center, private cloud and network architectures for the hybrid cloud deployments
- Good exposure to software defined security space - micro segmentation, nextgen firewalls, security analytics and SecOps etc
- Minimum 10+ years of experience leading global software engineering and quality teams with agile development methodologies
- Proven ability to earn respect, trust and influence from people you work with and to mentor top technical talent
- Ability to weigh conflicting priorities and make quick decisions in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills are must for a success in this role
- BS, MS or PhD in computer science or information technology
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.