Sr. Director, Worldwide Support – Americas West
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Job Title: Sr. Director, Worldwide Support – Americas West
Nutanix is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Sr. Director to manage support delivery for the Americas’ West Support. This is a highly visible and very important role - customer support is a strategic differentiator for Nutanix, helping drive customer loyalty, references and repeat business. The Sr. Director will be responsible for the infrastructure to support the growth of Nutanix and contribute to the development, scaling and professionalization of the team. The position will report to the VP of Worldwide Support.
The position includes technical support, field services, and project management. The Sr. Director will be responsible for executing customer service strategy, meeting key performance metrics and overseeing the operation of the Support team for the Americas West. The Sr. Director will also be responsible for executing service level attainment, customer satisfaction, and financial results.
Critical success factors will be the ability to deliver sustained, world class support while scaling a high performance group of engineers supporting business critical customer environments.
- Customer Satisfaction:
- You will be measured by your ability to achieve outstanding customer satisfaction goals. Customer satisfaction is the single most important measurement of the support organization.
- Manage customer escalations effectively and in a timely fashion.
- Interface with critical account customers and handle stressful situations with confidence
- Recruiting & talent management:
- Attract, build and retain a high-performing team. Set quarterly goals and provide regular feedback on performance.
- Ensure that support directors, managers, team leads and engineers have the resources, cross-functional relationships and processes necessary to ensure success and sustained performance
- Performance Management:
- Provide guidance, direction and mentoring to the team to deliver on organizational goals and objectives.
- Manage resources by setting clear expectations, creating accountability, and enhancing collaboration to meet or exceed service level and quality expectations.
- Oversee case issue resolution, call monitoring, and development of performance metrics
- Leadership & management:
- Establish strong cross-functional alignment with Engineering, Product Management and Field teams.
- Lead Support Readiness initiatives to ensure that SREs are trained, and support processes and systems are in place at the time of new product releases change.
- Be one of Product and Engineering team's management contacts in the Worldwide Support organization.
- Lead supportability strategy for a product(s) with Product and Engineering teams
- Develop, facilitate and drive cross-functional initiatives aimed at improving performance and increasing execution capability.
- Deliver reports and analysis to members of the leadership team including evaluation of overall performance, trend identification, best practices, problem resolution, and risk mitigation
- Strong Familiarity with Storage, Networking, Virtualization and Cloud technologies.
- Awareness and appreciation of different cultures; diversity and inclusion is a key value for Nutanix.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present technical issues and project status at the Senior Management level.
- Practices effective and appropriate communication skills, providing valuable feedback and constructive criticism when needed.
- Exhibits empathy and consideration for all ideas and suggestions provided by peers and subordinates alike, and provides opportunities for open discussion and evaluation of those ideas.
- High integrity. Adheres to high ethical standards – demonstrates consistency in actions and words.
- Ability to lead, influence and motivate both teams and individuals
- Ability and comfort in dealing with difficult employee or customer issues, and in ensuring positive interactions even when message content is difficult or critical
- Must be motivated by challenges and be able to offer multiple solutions for a problem.
- Must Identify and develop new innovate ways to better service our customers.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams in order to deliver objectives
- Financial acumen; ‘Big Picture’ thinker
- Working knowledge of tools such as JIRA, Slack, Salesforce.com
- Good sense of humor!
Education / Experience
- A/BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Operations Management. MBA is a Plus.
- 15+ years experience in an Enterprise Customer Support Organization in a leadership position.
- Prior experience managing support delivery of complex technology products through multiple release cycles.
- Experience building high performing global teams.
- Strong Analytical and problem-solving skills
- High-energy; self-starter
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.