Associate General Counsel, Corporate and Securities
Nutanix is looking for an experienced Associate General Counsel to join our strong and growing legal department. This is an exciting opportunity for a highly adaptable and collaborative team player to join a growing company and make a tangible and substantive contribution. This person will report to the SVP and Deputy General Counsel and will provide strategic, business, and legal support with respect to corporate governance, securities compliance, finance, M&A, and various broader corporate matters.
Our legal group, working in close proximity with Nutanix our internal teammates, has built a reputation as a change agent; a team that embraces innovative business models, pioneering service delivery, technology, and business process best practices to achieve great things. This person should be a pro-active legal operative with a penchant for helping to build a vibrant business and have a strong bias for action. The role is ideal for an individual who wants to work across multiple internal company disciplines and across the entire legal team, loves complex technology, and embraces new challenges and problems to solve. The Associate General Counsel will be involved in complex and challenging issues across all facets of the business in an effort to support Nutanix’s continued growth and development both domestically and internationally.
- Advise and support the General Counsel and the SVP and Deputy General Counsel in all matters relating to corporate and public company securities law matters and disclosure issues, including the preparation of SEC periodic filings (10-Ks, 10-Qs, and proxy statements), registration statements, and Section 16 filings.
- Provide advice and develop, refine, and maintain policies and procedures relating to SEC, Nasdaq, and other regulatory requirements (including the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Dodd-Frank Act, and Nasdaq listing standards), corporate governance matters, executive compensation, and ESG.
- Lead or assist in strategic transactions, including M&A and corporate finance transactions (e.g., stock or debt offerings).
- Assist in corporate secretarial functions, including preparation of Board and committee materials.
- Lead cross-functional groups in international expansion decisions, lead a team in corporate formations and entity management, and collaborate with the corporate tax team in international restructurings.
- Oversee equity plan administration, both in the U.S. and across international jurisdictions.
- Assist with investor relations and corporate communications matters.
- Assist with the creation and administration of internal compliance and ethics training.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience and minimum 4 years of experience in a top-tier law firm, as well as management experience in building, running, and/or developing high-performing legal teams.
- JD from an accredited U.S. law school and an active member in good standing of a U.S. state bar (either the California bar or eligible to register in California as in-house counsel).
- Experience advising C-suite, Board of Directors, and executive-level leaders on corporate securities, strategy, finance, and M&A.
- International corporate subsidiary management experience preferred.
- Skilled, effective, and empathetic manager who will cultivate professional growth and achievement among team members
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in all interactions with senior management, corporate departments, and all levels of employees.
- Proven track record of effectively working cross-functionally with partners at all levels.
- Ability to wear different hats, keep multiple projects going and “keep all the balls in the air”.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are critical for this role.
- A sense of humor, a can-do attitude, a bit of humility, and a passion for cutting-edge technology.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.