Principal Product Manager – HCI
Who are we looking for? Nutanix is looking for a seasoned, high energy Product Management professional to drive hyper-converged infrastructure and software-defined storage initiatives at Nutanix. In this role, you will help identify target market segments and use-cases, research unmet customer needs, and drive compelling product strategy and roadmap for Nutanix hyperconverged infrastructure and hybrid cloud platform.
- Define and develop product strategy and roadmap. Translate market needs into product capabilities and directions. Present to key team members including executive team.
- Drive product profitability and investment in new markets and use cases / workloads.
- Evaluate customer and market trends through customer interviews, workload analysis, partnerships, technology innovations, and competitive analysis as part of product planning.
- Write detailed actionable product requirement documents (PRDs) and user stories.
- Manage the product lifecycle from product definition to product release.
- Partner with marketing to provide positioning and messaging as well as contribute to GTM enablement. Provide pre-sales and post-sales support to Nutanix sales teams.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Solutions, Support, Sales and Partner teams on an ongoing basis.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is required. MBA preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in product management.
- Experience with enterprise storage, virtualization, data center / cloud infrastructure or associated domains.
- Experience with data-centric workloads (Databases, Big Data) or emerging data storage technologies a plus
- Must have business acumen and ability to build business cases, communicate effectively verbally as well through professionally done presentations and write-ups, influence others, and measure success
- Ability to be self-motivated towards the achievement and measurement of established goals
- Aptitude to develop and maintain satisfactory working relationships with customers, sales, engineering, and cross-functional teams.
- Attention to detail in executing complex projects. Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.