Member of Technical Staff - DR& Backup
Hungry, Humble, Honest, with a Heart.
Disaster Recovery team has been building next-generation data protection and disaster recovery. The data protection software platforms enables customers to protect, replicate and recover workloads in a hybrid cloud environment. We are looking for passionate developer to work on scalable distributed systems. He will be contributing on design and development of scalable distributed systems covering various layers (Distributed storage layer, Control Plane and Management Plane) for both hybrid and public cloud environments. He will be providing leadership for an end-to-end high quality and performant software development and delivery, and will be collaborating with Product Managementm Architects, QA leads.
- Work on next-generation disaster recovery and data protection software platform enabling customers to protect and recover Business-critical applications.
- Design and develop a scalable, distributed system for both hybrid and public cloud environments.
- Provide leadership for an end to end high quality and performant software development and delivery
- Work with Product Management, architects, and other leads to understand requirements.
- Design and develop software for a converged compute + storage platform for the secondary and tertiary data.
- Develop a keen understanding of complex distributed systems, and design creative solutions for customer requirements.
- Engage with customers, partners, and support to provide world class software and support experience to end customers.
What you'll bring:
- Design tradeoffs in building clustered, high- performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software.
- Bachelor's degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related fields with 4-6 years of relevant industry experience.
- Love of programming, ability, and passion to solve complex problems.
- Strong experience in C++ or Python or Go.
- Experience with working on REST API will be a plus
- Experience building distributed, cloud-native systems
- Familiarity with concepts of disaster recovery, data protection, distributed data storage, clustered, high-performance, and fault-tolerant distributed systems software
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process, including DevOps and CI/CD.
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Zookeeper, and other large-scale distributed systems preferred
- Can-do attitude while solving difficult problems spanning across multiple teams
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving agile environment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.