MTS - Senior Data Engineer
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.Opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer with a strong background in systems engineering, data engineering, and leadership. Our team is using machine learning to achieve data classification and anomaly detection. These responsibilities not only include designing/ building a platform but also crafting a file analytics solution. We are in search for a passionate individual who is ready to lead a small dynamic team of impactful individuals. Are you up for the challenge?
- You will develop and build a data life cycle management platform which include data ingestion, pipeline development, data at rest strategy, archive and migration solution.
- Strategically use Machine Learning (ML) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) to classify data and detect anomalies.
- You will work closely with the Chief Architect and other engineering groups to align with our company's product design
- Responsible for leading a distributed team of 10 engineers in both San Jose and India. Also, working closely with Nutanix Global engineering team.
- You will provide/ design mentorship and review the work of other specialists within your team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer science (PhD is a plus)
- 7+ years of data platform development and systems engineering
- Developer who is proficient in either Python or C++
- Experience building a data pipeline development framework
- A strong knowledge of storage, file system, networking, compute, and Linux/ Unix OS platform
- Cloud computing technologies which include: Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure
- Experience working with: Google API, Tensorflow, Splunk, Spark, Kafka, Elasticsearch, networking or hypervisors
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.