UX Designer (Contract)
Nutanix UX Designer for NC2 – (Contract)
Nutanix is the leading cloud software company disrupting the multi-billion dollar hybrid cloud space. Founded in 2009, Nutanix became a publicly held company (NTNX) in September 2016. Our mission: Make IT infrastructure invisible with an enterprise cloud platform that delivers the agility and economics of the public cloud — One OS, One Click. At 6000+ employees around the world, we're the fastest-growing infrastructure company and we're just getting started!
"Design" and "Customer delight" is embedded in every step of our product cycle. Nutanix has a design first philosophy that brings consumer-grade design and web-scale engineering together to create an amazing user experience that has only been seen in the consumer world with the likes of Apple and Tesla. Visit our career’s page to know more about life at Nutanix
As part of the Global Design organization, the design team is seeking a designer for our Bangalore office. We are looking for someone who is skilled at solving design problems in a highly complex domain. The right candidate will enjoy working on enterprise level products and might have some familiarity with the market space Nutanix operates in.
The ideal candidate will:
- Ramp up quickly on the Nutanix product domain, processes and culture.
- Take ownership of features or product areas and work collaboratively with PM, Engineering and other stakeholders to discuss requirements and constraints.
- Understand problems with medium complexity and create simple and elegant design solutions.
- Produce high quality UX designs based on first principles and data, while meeting schedules and deadlines.
- Present designs to key stakeholders with the rationale for design decisions with the goal of building consensus and improving the product experience.
- Proactively facilitate teamwork to accomplish common goals.
- Plan, conduct, document and present research work related to their product areas.
- Work with UI development and backend engineering teams to ensure effective execution of designs
Required skill set:
- Strong interaction design skill with the ability to look beyond pixels, at workflow in the context of the user’s life.
- Have the ability to challenge status quo, focus conversations on the user, and produce UX designs with attention to detail, down to the micro-interactions
- Willingness to take feedback and learn from designers and other stakeholders.
- Work effectively in a fast-moving environment, juggle multiple projects, and prioritize work.
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Be a strong team player valuing collaboration.
- Bias towards being organized and thinking about repeatability and scale.
- Passion for improving our product user’s life.
- Have a strong UX design portfolio showing examples of consumer grade or enterprise design of products in complex domains
- Proficiency with Figma
- Familiarity with user research & usability testing techniques.
- Good written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience working across multiple phases of design (interaction, visual design, and prototyping).
- 3+ years of user experience design experience for web applications with a bachelor’s degree in Interaction / UX design; or a bachelor's degree in engineering with a master’s degree in design or the equivalent
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least 1 of (with an interest in 1 more of) :
- UX research (qul, quant, remote etc.)
- Design sprints / workshops
- Visual design / design systems
- Prototyping/ UI engineering
- Experience working on B2C / consumer products.
- Working knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.