Manager, Sales Development
We are looking for a motivated and driven leader to manage our Inside Sales team who will effectively build, mentor, inspire and lead a team of Sales Development Reps (SDRs) to exponentially grow our business. You should bring a proven track record of success in achieving sales targets and previous experience motivating teams through leadership, coaching, interpersonal communication and team-building skills. The Sales Development Manager will be a leader on the corporate sales team while partnering with other departments of the company.
- Lead the team to achieve quota for number of qualified meetings per month with Manager/Director/VP/and C-level decision makers in target accounts
- Oversee the follow-up on inbound leads and inspire the team to make effective outbound calls into top accounts
- Work closely with the Integrated Marketing team to maximize campaigns and support the lead nurturing process. Our objective is to create one integrated experience.
- Utilize salesforce.com to track activity and update lead and opportunity information
- Provide feedback and recommendations on marketing efforts from real world interactions with prospects and customers
- Manage SDR team and work with Field Sales and Field Marketing to develop and conduct proactive outbound calling strategies to penetrate target accounts. Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest, and successfully manage and overcome prospect objections in order to secure qualified meetings and expand Nutanix’s presence
- Ensure SDRs develop and maintain effective territory plans to maximize and leverage phone time, including pre-call planning, adhering to territory hours and metrics, and customizing scripts to market segments and prospect type
- Manage a lead prospecting pipeline and maintain accurate information about suspects, prospects, their companies, and their buying habits/preferences.
- Ideally 5+ years of overall sales experience, with 2+ years experience leading a revenue-driven lead generation team at a technology company
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education, experience and training
- Proven ability to consistently create qualified pipeline
- Strong sales process, analytical orientation and attention to metrics
- Ability to build reports as appropriate and communicate regular status metrics
- Thorough understanding of the sales cycle from lead generation to close
- Solid verbal, written, interpersonal and listening skills
- Significant experience with salesforce.com
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.