Engineering Manager (Calm Team)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
At Calm, we are trying to build the next generation platform to help enterprises model and develop applications; encapsulate the application architecture and deployment as code. Our goal is to provide application lifecycle operations such as build, deploy, start, stop, upgrade and retire, “out of the box”. We want enterprises to able to manage and move their application workloads, across and between bare metal, VMs on premise or cloud or containers.
- Hire, coach, and grow a high performing team of talented engineers with diverse skill-sets.
- Collaborate with the geo-distributed team to own and deliver projects end to end
- Communicate across functional teams and drive engineering initiatives
- Participate in architecture and technical design and drive product direction & strategy
- Love for programming and extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux
- Familiarity with x86 architecture, virtualization, containers and/or storage management
- Build and manage web scale applications
- Manage and grow existing 30+ person team, including first line managers
- Refine and grow existing processes or develop new ones to enable smooth functioning of engineering team
- Drive development of timely and high quality software releases
Required Technical Skills
- Familiarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, web scale systems and proven ability in having built clustered, high-performance, fault-tolerant distributed application or systems software.
- Strong experience in building and managing web scale applications
- Experience in one of following programming languages: Python/GoLang/C/C++/Java
- Strong experience in Unix, preferably Linux
- Working experience working with storage, virtualization and/or cloud technologies
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Zookeeper and other large-scale distributed database systems preferred
Qualifications and Experience
- BS/ MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- 10+ Years of experience, 5+ Years of management experience
- Proven hands-on technical management
- Experience working in a high growth multinational company environment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.