Senior Network Engineer
Senior Network Engineer
- Design, deploy and maintain the Nutanix network infrastructure to include routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points/controllers, NAC, and other network devices.
- Review existing processes and recommend changes or institute new processes as necessary, including the areas of monitoring, upgrades, and tuning.
- Experience developing and maintaining SDN solutions at scale.
- Utilize Python programming/automation/orchestration to help the team with operational tasks
- Familiarity with automation (not all needed) jinja, netmiko, ansible, terraform, textfsm (NTC).
- Management of both remote-access and site-to-site VPN tunnels in a PaloAlto Firewall environment.
- Debugging and troubleshooting of any IPsec/network related issues VPN access.
- Generate high-quality project documentation, such as architecture designs, implementation plans, design documents, test plans, etc.
- Provide documentation, training, and technical escalation applicable to the day-to-day administration and change requests for network configuration.
- Provide technical escalation and be on call during designated periods.
- Diagnose, as appropriate, complex systems issues with multiple influencing factors which may require interaction with vendors to resolve problems.
- 6+ years of experience designing, deploying, and maintaining large data center environments.
- 3+ years in a SaaS production environment.
- Experience with SDN technologies will be a must.
- Experience operating Palo Alto Networks firewalls at scale with Panorama.
- Python programming/automation/orchestration experience is a must.
- Understanding of generic API calls and how to use them to retrieve data
- Good understanding of core routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS).Solid knowledge on Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, and NX-OS required.
- Familiarity with administration of network services (DNS, NTP, NPS, DHCP, etc.).
- Solid knowledge on Linux fundamentals (working with files, processes, systemctl, firewall, yum, grep, find, netstat, etc.).
- Good understanding of IP load balancing solutions like F5 and ElasticLB.
- Experience with internal monitoring tools such (not all needed) SolarWinds, Nagios, TIG stack.
- 2+ years of operational/user experience on any of the following virtualization platforms AHV, ESXi, HyperV, KVM, etc.
- Experience deploying and maintaining wide area networks with emphasis on IPSec VPN and MPLS transport preferred.
- Previous experience working with Big Switch Network controllers, Infoblox is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Network Engineering or related field is a plus
- Good/clean cable management practices are desired.
- Experience building distributed systems and highly available services.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.