Public Cloud & Network specialist
The Public Cloud & Network specialist will sit within our ‘Portfolio Products’ team and drive our Nutanix Flow Networking/Security solution suites. This is a customer-focused technical sales professional that will provide pre-sales consulting, technical guidance, and impact hands-on experiences to customers, Nutanix field sales teams and business partners.
This specialist will need to collaborate with Nutanix field sales teams to recommend and design effective solutions based on customers cloud networking and security requirements with Nutanix Enterprise Cloud platform as an enabler.
The Public Cloud & Network specialist acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in his/her field by the Nutanix Portfolio Products team, customers Nutanix field sales teams and business partners.
- Support field sales teams on large and/or strategic opportunities
- Solve complex networking/security related problems
- Engage with senior technical decision makers throughout the sales process
- Present and accentuate/discuss the value proposition(s) associated with his/her specialization
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted advisor within select accounts to source for new opportunities to sell Nutanix Solutions centered around networking and security
- Show expert ability to demonstrate Nutanix networking/security solutions and improve reseller/alliance partner relationships to drive increase in sales
- Build and deliver technical product and solution presentations and/or training sessions to customers, partners, and Nutanix Systems Engineers as needed
- Install, support, and tune Nutanix solutions during Proof of Concept (POC) deployments
- Work across the ASEAN/ANZ/HK/TW regions with respective sales teams as a regional pre-sales resource providing deep technical support for proposed Nutanix solutions design with respect to network & security requirements
- As needed, help with design and architecture for future customer requirements as they expand installations
- As needed, assist sales teams with networking and security related issues in existing install base by working closely with Nutanix Support & Engineering teams
- Work with regional education team to ensure cross training to the Nutanix Systems Engineers of relevant industry network & security related news as well as technical network and security training as and when deemed appropriate
- Work closely with Nutanix Product Management & Nutanix Engineering to feed-back information from customers and field sales teams to influence future Nutanix network and associated product development
- Stay well ahead of the learning curve in his/her area of expertise and related business trends
- Bachelor of Computing in Information Systems and/or equivalent working experience in relevant subject matter
- 10+ years of experience in a customer facing technical role related to networking and security throughout preferred
- Deeply familiar with all levels of OSI networking model
- Deep domain expertise with industry standard network practices
- Expert level knowledge of networking protocols from L2-L7
- Expert level real world experience in architecting, designing and deploying complex network deployments with security in mind (Cisco CCIE grade or equivalent certification would be a plus)
- Expert level real world experience in architecting, designing and deploy S2S VPN & L2VPN topologies across multiple sites
- Expert level real world experience in software defined networking architectures (eg. NSX, Cisco ACI etc)
- Expert level enterprise working knowledge of modern security approaches (eg. APT/ATP, IDS/IPS, micro-segmentation, network firewalls, NPS, WAF etc – CISSP grade or equivalent certification would be a plus)
- Good working knowledge of cloud networking (AWS VPC, Azure VNET, Google Cloud VPC etc – AWS, Azure or GCP Architect level professional certification would be a plus)
- Good working knowledge of Load Balancing & Global Site Load Balancing architectures (including cloud based ones like AWS Elastic Load Balancer & Azure Traffic Manager)
- Good working knowledge of hybrid and multi-cloud networking topologies (eg. hug-spoke models like AWS Transit Gateway and SD-WAN architectures or parallel connectivity models like VPC VPN)
- Good working knowledge of network & security troubleshooting processes (eg. tcpdump, packet capture tools, pen test processes, packet tracing, switch logs, VPC Flow logs etc) using various tools dynamically based on environment
- Good working knowledge of Container Networking Interfaces (CNI) (eg. Flannel, Calico & Multus etc)
- Good working knowledge of Kubernetes based security approaches (eg. Network Policies & Calico Network Policies)
- Strong knowledge of Linux/UNIX with bash scripting/python programming expertise is a plus
- Flexible, dependable, self-starter who is capable of quickly learning new products and technologies
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Excellent presentation skills with ability to create custom content to drive outcomes
- Ability to travel within the APJ region on occasion and as required (assuming post COVID-19 travel is approved by the company and is deemed by governing bodies to be safe)
- Extraordinary teammate that works well in dynamic situations and startup environments
- Experienced in positioning and selling software-defined networking
- Working closely and cohesively with team mates specializing in other subject matter (eg. automation and VDI etc) to deliver joint solution outcomes for customer’s needs
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.