Nutanix is the leading cloud software company disrupting the multi-billion dollar data center space. Founded in 2009, Nutanix became a publicly held company (NTNX) in September 2016. Our mission: Make IT infrastructure invisible with an enterprise cloud platform that delivers the agility and economics of the public cloud — One OS, One Click. At 4000+ employees around the world, we're the fastest growing infrastructure company and we're just getting started!
With our breadth of engineering expertise, unique culture and focus on customer delight, we have maintained an average Net Promoter Score (NPS) of 90.
"Design" and "Customer delight" are embedded in every step of our product cycle. Nutanix has a design first philosophy that brings consumer grade design and web scale engineering together to create an amazing user experience which has only been seen in the consumer world with the likes of Apple and Tesla. Visit our careers page to know more about life at Nutanix.
As part of the Global Design organization, the design team is seeking a strong designer for the SJC office. We are looking for someone who has rich design experience along with a passion for simplifying the complex. The ideal candidate will have some familiarity with the marketspace in which we compete.
Perfect candidate will:
- Take ownership to lead design projects by collaborating with a broader team of designers, Product Managers, UI developers, backend engineers and other Engineering leaders globally
- Define the direction of our flagship product’s design as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Work with UI development and backend engineering teams to ensure effective execution of designs
- Have a strong design and UX portfolio in enterprise/ data visualization projects
- Have an ability to challenge status quo with attention to detail on UX and micro-interactions
- Strong visual design skills.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-moving environment, juggle multiple projects, and prioritize work
- Stay current on technology trends to inform and inspire modern design.
- Have strong presentation and communication skills
- Able to explain rationale for design decisions within a larger context.
- Regularly communicates project status and shares design iterations
- Understands the mission and goals of design and is able to communicate this to product teams
- 3+ years of user experience design experience for web applications with bachelor’s degree in design/ graphic design/ fine art/ computer science or related CS/design field
- Passion for design, telling customer stories, and simplifying complex problems
- Strong working knowledge of the latest wireframing/ design and prototyping tools
- Familiar with usability testing (in-person and remote), user research, contextual inquiry, interviews, qualitative design analysis, and design thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate effectively and concisely
- Experience working across multiple phases of design (interaction, visual design, and prototyping)
- 5-8yrs of hands on experience with advanced degrees (Masters, PhD, etc.)
- Strong interest in data visualization and enterprise software
- Have working knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.