Systems Reliability Engineer - Hardware/server support
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020 .We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.About Our BusinessNutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We ensure the success of our ground breaking technology through cluster health monitoring, quick response time, and unparalleled customer intimacy. We are world-class engineers from leading virtualization, compute, and networking companies with the ability to handle all problems that come our way. Working closely with Sales and Software Engineers, the support team acts as our customers’ champions and advocates.
Nutanix is seeking well-rounded customer-facing Technical Support Engineers. You will support our Hardware solutions in the field and provide an enriched and successful product experience.
You will need to be the champion for Nutanix, by providing an over-the-top support experience to our customers leveraging our private cloud solution and be known as the Hardware expert in the team.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and diagnose issues on Hardware, and platform issues encountered in the field.
- Provide an analysis of our existing customer base to avoid and minimize risks in the field.
- Define and lead changes to our product with our development engineering team based on feedback from customers and field implementations.
- Work with technology partners to resolve issues and push improvements in our ecosystem.
- Develop and work on internal and external knowledge bases.
- Provide support on weekdays and weekends on scheduled rotational basis.
- Be a champion for our customers. Go above and beyond to support their business and use of the Nutanix stack.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and analytical skills.
- Strong Knowledge in Industry Standard servers and blade systems.
- Experience in HW/SW config, install and/or Systems monitoring.
- Experience in troubleshooting server HW issues on OSes like Windows/Linux a must.
- The passion and ability to learn new things, while never being satisfied with the status quo.
- Willingness to work in a fast-growing company with huge potential.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Significant server support/monitoring experience for OEMs like Dell, HP, Lenovo etc. with basic understanding of OS/Networking and Virtualization with 3+ years of experience.
- Good handle on server internals including firmware and BIOS updates and settings.
- Knowledge Hypervisors such as Vmware/KVM preferred.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.