Manager - Stargate
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
As the Senior Development Manager of the Core Data Path development team, the candidate will own and help shape up the future of storage services and solutions at Nutanix. Our team works on storage solutions for enterprise and cloud. We support file, block and object protocols.
- Manage a team of very strong developers and testers to build storage services and solutions
- Ability to contribute to design discussions and code reviews
- Partner with other teams in Nutanix to drive consensus on design decisions
Qualifications and Experience:
- 8+ years of experience in developing distributed systems
- 3+ years managing a team of 5+ people
- Start-up development and/or management experience a must. Experience building and monetizing solutions from scratch a huge plus
- Understanding of cloud technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure) is a plus
- Experience in the storage domain (storage protocols, data reduction using compression, deduplication, etc) is mandatory
- Knowledge of C/C++ is a must. Experience in Go/Python programming is an advantage.
- Experience/understanding of scalable and distributed systems [Ex: knowledge of Zoopkeeper, Cassandra etc].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.