Production (DevOps) Software Engineer
We are looking for a Production Engineer with passion for automation and innovation, to be in charge of creating and automating Software Builds, Continuous Integration/Delivery and Tooling that supports development of Nutanix Acropolis Hypervisor (AHV).
You would have a great opportunity to revise existing automation processes, define and implement your vision on how to improve them, create new ones, and free rein to research and find new technologies that will help circumvent potential problems that might come up in the future. You would build upon tech like RPM tools, Ansible, Jenkins, Git, Containers, and other.
Nutanix is a market leader in the industry of Software defined storage and Cloud computing, which is confirmed by Gartner’s quadrant Year Over Year. AHV is an enterprise-grade hypervisor tailor-made for Nutanix's software solution, meeting the demands of the toughest enterprise and private cloud workloads. The AHV engineering team is a small group of exceptional Engineers and now we're empowering the team with additional knowledge that will bring us to the next phase of shaping the future of the software-defined Cloud. We have a forward-thinking approach to our work that has retained many of the best elements of start-up mentality whilst also recognizing the need for mature delivery and execution.
- Be a leader of automation surrounding all development operations of AHV
- Architect and implement CI/CD, test environments, designing Jenkins pipelines and automation
- Design and build tooling and infrastructure to help improve engineering productivity
- Manage Source code version control systems (Git based)
- Implement and maintain reproducible builds
- Extensively work on testing and optimizing the build and packaging process
- Document systems and best practices
- Research and introduce latest technologies to improve automation practices
- 5+ years of experience as a System/DevOps/Linux engineer
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in Computer Science or another technical discipline
- Deep Linux knowledge
- Deployment and orchestration technologies (Docker, Ansible)
- Continuous integration/delivery concepts and tools (Jenkins)
- Interpreted or scripting languages (Python, Bash)
- Source control systems (Git and Git submodules)
- Understanding of RPM package build process and tools (rpmbuild/mock)
- Self-driven and highly motivated to deliver top results with minimal guidance
- You can problem-solve your way out of almost anything.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player who is excited to share ideas and problems, and quickly processes feedback.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.