Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Nutanix is the recognized world leader in Hyperconverged Technology. We are growing fast. In less than a decade, we have gone from a brand new start-up to a public company with over 15,000 customers and 6000 employees. We have offices all over the world, and over a billion in revenue, but we still operate like the scrappy disrupter that we are. The Nutanix law department provides legal\contractual support for this fast paced multi-national corporation. We are a global legal team of 22 legal professionals.
Our team is founded on three pillars:
- Partnership- We strive to be the easiest company in the tech sector with which to do business. Easy for our customers. Easy for our internal teammates.
- Service-We to our best every day to enable our teammates to drive revenue, increase market share and build winning relationships with our partners and customers.
- Integrity-Our sense of ethics is of paramount importance to team Nutanix
We strive to act as a Strategic Business Advisor, End-To-End Business Enabler and Risk Management Centre of Excellence every day.
Our legal group, working in close proximity with Nutanix our sales team, has built a reputation as a change agent; a team that embraces innovative business models, pioneering service delivery, technology and business process best practices to achieve great things.
Our goal is to be the best company in our industry, one that attracts the finest global talent through its culture, breadth and quality of work, development opportunities and reward programs. We are well on our way to achieving that goal.
If the above excites you and you wish to play a major role on a winning team, we want to hear from you.
We are looking an experienced legal professional to help drive revenue as a counsel level lawyer or senior contracts manager, working closely with our sales teams, partners and customers to facilitate the close of revenue generating transactions. This person should be a pro-active legal operative with a penchant for helping to build a vibrant business, and have a strong bias for action. The role is ideal for an individual contributor who wants to work across multiple internal company disciplines, loves complex technology, and wants to be a highly visible key component in a rapidly expanding business that deals with some of the largest enterprises in the world.
- Draft and negotiate strategic opportunity-specific commercial agreements including non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), software license agreements, partner agreements, DPA’s and procurement contracts utilizing playbooks and templates.
- Be the lead legal representative on complex and high value revenue generating commercial transactions and high visibility procurements.
- Coordinate with commercial sales team members, commercial deal desk operatives, managers and senior executives to ensure that the company is able to book and recognize revenue, minimize risk, protect our intellectual property and help drive the continuing growth of the company
- Provide contractual content for proposal (RFP )responses to strategic solicitations including legal terms and conditions, representations and certifications, and other contractually related requirements for selling on-prem, off-prem and cloud/SaaS software and support.
- Coordinate with sales, finance, pricing, product, support and other functional internal departments, ensuring proper communication and internal approval/sign-off as required.
- Structure and negotiate reseller/subcontract agreements.
- Monitor contract performance by determining compliance to contract and regulatory requirements and coordinate with management and other internal groups to ensure these requirements are being satisfactorily fulfilled.
- Draft, negotiate and finalize privacy related agreements such as DPA’s.
- Minimum 10+ years of experience. Law firm training is preferred, but you much have at least five years of in-house experience in the enterprise software arena.
- Experience with technology transactions sales models, especially SaaS and on premise software licensing
- A proven track record of completing professional services agreements.
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP (Revenue Recognition) accounting standards.
- Experience in the indirect (channel sales) model with a demonstrated ability to work with channel partners.
- You must have a strong knowledge of privacy issues- GDPR, DPA’s, etc.
- International Experience preferred.
- Willingness to travel on occasion ( but travel is sporadic-not constant).
- Law Degree Preferred but not required. Applicants need not be fully licensed attorneys.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.