Staff Engineer - Flow Engineering
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
The Software Engineering Team: Nutanix engineers are creating a revolutionary technology, building the software defined data center. We’re using our love of programming and outstanding backgrounds to change the way companies virtualize their data center. At Nutanix, you’ll find no shortage of challenging problems to work on. We work closely with our product in a collegiate, collaborative environment that encourages the open exploration of ideas.
Nutanix, a leader in enterprise cloud, is looking to hire outstanding software developers to join our Software Defined Security product called Nutanix Flow. You will be part of a small yet impact team with ample opportunity to grow and expand your skill set. Nutanix welcomes big thinkers and budding entrepreneurs, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a business along the way.
About Nutanix Flow:
Nutanix Flow is a Software Defined Network Security (micro-segmentation) product that provides a simplified way to create and manage application centric policies.
Flow enables security administrators to govern their applications and environments independent of the physical infrastructure. Flow delivers advanced networking and security services that allow enterprises to gain visibility and granular control of their enterprise applications.
- Develop a world class network security product that is distributed, resilient and highly-performant at large scale deployments within enterprise customers.
- Adapt best engineering practices - clarity and completeness of functional specs, design documents and test plans, code hygiene and quality, thoroughness of testing, response to customer issues
- Collaborate with geo-distributed team to own and deliver projects end-to-end with high quality and predictability with minimal supervision
- Mentor junior team members, participate in tech talks, boot camps and knowledge sharing events
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years software development experience
- Strong skills in Distributed Systems Architecture and Development
- Experience building clustered, high-performance and fault-tolerant distributed system
- Advanced level programming in Python/GoLang/C++
- Strong fundamentals of Operating Systems, Multi-threaded/Multi-Process Applications, RPC, inter-process communication
- Knowledge of TCP-IP Suite of protocols (Ethernet, VLAN, IP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, DNS)
- Hands on experience working with web technologies - HTTP/HTTPS, RESTful API, JSON, Protobuf
- Professional experience developing software for networking or security products
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Design and Programming
- Plus: Experience working with SDN, NFV, OVN, OVS, OpenFlow, Firewall ACLs, Load Balancers
- Plus: Exposure to network/application security - Network segmentation, Micro-segmentation, Distributed FireWall, VPN, SSL/TLS,
- Plus: Exposure to Linux Networking stack, iptables, conntrack
- Plus: Understanding of virtualization concepts - compute/storage/network virtualization
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.