Cloud Operations Engineer
Position: Cloud Operations Engineer (Contract)
- Ensure 24/7 Global availability of the Nutanix Private/Public Cloud
- Respond to monitoring alerts and tickets created by our customer facing support team
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues from our monitoring tools and support including deep dive investigation
- Good experience with networking principles, Firewalls, Load Balancing Solutions, etc
- Working closely with QA, Development, and Infrastructure teams to understand, implement, and deploy end to end monitoring solutions.
- Deploy patches and upgrades, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities as required
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Exhibit strong working knowledge of Linux/UNIX and related applications
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. Python, Bash, etc.)
- Experience working in a 24/7 NOC environment for a cloud provider
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, DNS, DHCP, NAT)
- Experience working with Nutanix AOS, AHV, Prism Central, etc
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting, and communication skills
- Constantly driving to improve, optimize and identify opportunities for process improvement
- Advanced Linux/Unix system administration skills
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and architecture with an emphasis on SaaS environment
- Demonstrated skill in scripting to automate and simplify day to day tasks
- Knowledge of scripting tools
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.