The primary goal of APAC Nutanix Services is to ensure the success of our customers. The Services function engages customers in the pre-sales and post-sales stages to deliver high-valued outcomes in their software-defined data center (SDDC), hybrid cloud strategy and architecture. Besides helping customers implement Nutanix products successfully, the Services team, working with our partners, delivers migrations, private/hybrid cloud, VDI, and Tier 1 Application re-platforming solutions to enable truly software-defined data centers. The Nutanix Services function includes consulting, planning, design, implementation, integration and automation services as well as project management.
The senior consultant will be part of APAC Services team and deliver services that design and implement virtualization, cluster migration and EITHER experienced in Database OR Automation, and orchestration for customers in Asia Pacific. He/She will work with software developers and engineers to create scalable and reliable solutions for clients and partners.
- You will be responsible for leading workshops and consulting engagements with customers
- You will conduct pre-packaged Nutanix consulting solutions in a timely and effective manner
- You will take ownership of business outcomes of virtualization & automation projects through requirements capture and technical governance
- You will craft detailed design documents and perform hands-on implementation work
- You will work with our project managers on project budget and all aspects of efficient delivery
- You will provide technical input and review to our projects in a pre-sales stage
- You will advise and consult internal groups by providing accurate effort estimations
- You have visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT solutions, Cloud based services and infrastructure
- You can display commercial awareness by identifying future services opportunity within a project or customer
- You actively drive practice activities such as development of standard methodologies, intellectual property capture and creation, quality assurance, and peer reviews
- You maintain current knowledge of the entire Nutanix product stack
Desired experience & Skills
- Experienced track record of managing and delivering Professional Services projects in the area of storage, virtualization, VDI, or cloud space in Enterprise space.
- Hands on experience in designing and implementing virtualization technology solutions and large-scale IT migration projects
- Sound understanding of Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) concepts and implementations
- Sound understanding of software-defined storage with a particular focus on distributed storage.
- Validated working and hands-on experience with Nutanix AHV or other Industry leading virtualization products (e.g., vSphere, ESXi, vCenter, NSX, vSAN, SRM, vCloud Director or vRealize Operations Manager) within large scale IT production datacenters
- At least 4 years’ experience in designing and implementing modern & scalable datacenter infrastructure virtualization projects in regard to compute, network and storage
- Ability to independently analyze and diagnose highly complex networking problems across different platforms. Understanding of datacenter network fabric topologies and common architecture (both L2/L3 based), firewall, Ethernet, Radius, etc.
- Integration of Public cloud services with on premise technologies from Nutanix, Microsoft, VMware etc.
- Planning, migration and operation of Cloud based application in Hybrid or Cloud only configurations.
- Good background in Windows and Linux systems configuration and migration.
- High comfort level using one or more automation tools or orchestration frameworks such as VMware vCO, Microsoft Systems Center Orchestrator, PowerShell, Python, Bash, Puppet, Chef, OpenStack.
- Experience with Microsoft Virtualization Technologies and Azure pack.
- Desktop Virtualization technologies such as Citrix Xen Desktop and VMware Horizon View.
- Migration of workload, both P2V and V2V.
- Experience in network virtualization with a focus on NSX or ACI
- Experience in virtualizing enterprise applications (SQL, Exchange, Oracle).
- A Nutanix NCP or VMware VCP (or higher) would be highly considered
- Industry certifications such as MCSA, MCSE, VCAP, VCIX, CCNA, CCIA and RHCE.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We are humbled to be recognized as one of Bloomberg’s Top 50 Companies to Watch in 2020 and one of the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2020.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.