Engineering Lead, Platforms
About this position
Our hybrid-multi-cloud journey requires a shift in how Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Operating System is built and packaged for consumption beyond the current set of Hardware Platforms & Configurations. It is highly essential for us to keep fueling the business with the latest and greatest of Server and HW technologies and deliver the Nutanix experience to our customers across a wide variety of substrates. In order to speed up the pace of innovation, we are building an OEM platform engineering team in Bangalore, India. We are looking for a hands on technical leader, who will help hire and mentor other engineers, and play a pivotal role in forming an autonomous team.
- Work closely with the cross-functional teams across multiple geo-locations and provide technical leadership to launch and sustain partner platforms, which include both the OEM and third-party platforms.
- Collaborate with Nutanix's Product Management team and the OEM Server partners to understand the company's business needs, define Intel and AMD based hardware platform configurations and create an optimal software to strengthen Nutanix leadership in the Hybrid-Cloud Infrastructure (HCI) domain.
- Evaluate new technologies in compute, security, networking, and storage domains and lead exploration and integration into Nutanix Software Stack.
- Evaluate the company's OEM Server platform hardware, firmware, and software tools, and integrate into the Nutanix Software Stack.
- Analyze requirements, design, code and develop software features to deliver robust and optimal platform solutions.
- Develop and maintain well-structured test plans for Nutanix's platform validation. Work with hardware, software, and quality assurance teams to drive system validation and performance requirements.
- Drive software and hardware bug triages and debugging, and guide Nutanix's internal dev teams to deliver fixes.
- Engage with Nutanix's support team on field issues to help sustain the life cycle of the company's products.
Skill and experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field with at least 8 years of relevant experience,
Working experience and expertise in:
- Enterprise data center product and services;
- Systems analysis or development;
- Intel x86 and AMD Server platforms architecture, performance characterization and optimization;
- Server virtualization technologies;
- Storage software stack architecture and related components such as storage controllers, solid-state devices and hard disk drives;
- Linux Operating system and Storage Driver stack;
- Networking software stack and network cards;
- System BIOS and Baseboard Management Controller integrations;
- Python programming or other scripting languages is highly desired.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.