Inside Systems Engineer
About the team
Nutanix Inside Systems Engineering team enables our account executives to align Nutanix solutions with customer requirements and business goals We strive to deliver exceptional customer experiences by integrating Nutanix solutions into our customer environments to create business value through technology. We partner with our customers to understand their goals and challenges, and to help them choose the right products to solve their challenges and add value to their businesses. Our global team is made up of 400+ skilled systems engineers from leading virtualization, compute, and networking companies, operating out of 10 worldwide support hubs, and have customers in 150 countries and speaking 20 languages. We share a love of problem solving and a bias for action in handling challenges as we enable the success of our customers.
- Engage as part of an inside sales team to achieve or exceed revenue targets
- Drive sales with technical expertise, account management skills, sales ability, and extraordinary customer focus
- Present Nutanix Solutions value proposition to customers and partners remotely (WebEx)
- Participate in the consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment and validation as it applies to the technical sales process.
- The ISE sometimes would need to install, support, and maintain Nutanix solutions at pre-sales PoC deployments
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted advisor within each account to see opportunities and sell Nutanix Solutions
- Will be part of the team that leads a hosted PoC environment and responsible for maintaining & building the lab for the hosted PoC infrastructure
- Knowledge of one or more of the following areas:
- Application Virtualization
- Server Virtualization
- Networking, Storage, and Platform Performance/Sizing.
- Ability to maintain relationships with technical resources at all levels of a customer organization
- Thorough understanding of technical sales techniques and processes including the ability to understand customer needs, overcome objections, assist in the development of business cases, and technically close deals
- Flexible, dependable, self-starter, and capable of quickly learning new products and technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a blend of business insight and technical capability.
- Ability to travel within assigned territory when needed
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- 2-5 years of Sales Engineering or Reseller experience in a high-tech sales environment with a consistent track record of success in driving customer adoption of technology
- San Jose, CA (or willing to relocate)
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of#LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting email@example.com.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.