Worldwide Technical Support - Systems Reliability Engineer
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Nutanix is an industry-disrupting infrastructure software company competing and partnering with the largest technology firms in the world.
Founded in Silicon Valley (2009), we have been a publicly held company since 2016 and number 5800 Nutants world-wide.
Our solutions converge Data Centre infrastructure (compute, storage and virtualisation) into intelligent software which delivers any application at any scale.
Nutanix Worldwide Technical Support are obsessed with customer satisfaction and provide 24/7 follow-the-sun support for over 16000 customers across the globe. Our team of highly trained and experienced System Reliability Engineers thrive on solving complex technical problems, and take pride in being our customers’ champions.
Due to a rapidly growing customer base we’re looking for well-rounded, junior and senior, customer facing technical support engineers for our cloud solutions.
If this sounds like you, then we want to talk to you!
· Take pride in providing outstanding technical support & guidance, measuring your success off our customers’ experience.
· Work directly with enterprise customers to replicate, troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues
· Work with Nutanix developers to identify defects and opportunities for product improvement
· Work with technology partners to resolve issues and push improvements in our ecosystem
· Create and update knowledge base articles
- Be available to work a flexible work week in order to service our customers
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· The ability to collaborate on solutions with a variety of different teams
· Significant experience or working knowledge on how to support and troubleshoot at least 2 of the following technology areas:
o Virtualisation - KVM, VMWare ESXi, Microsoft Hyper-V, or AHV
o Linux/UNIX Systems - preferably CLI administration and troubleshooting
o Networking - preferably layer 2/3, LACP, TCP/IP, OpenvSwitch
o Server and Storage Hardware – provisioning, OS/software integration, fault analysis, and advanced storage concepts (e.g. replication, deduplication)
· Experience or working knowledge of the following technologies is considered a plus:
o Kubernetes – Orchestration, Containers, Kubectl, GKE and Load balancing
o Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, GCP
· A relevant technological degree or current industry certifications highly regarded
· Competitive salary package and perks
· Comprehensive private health insurance for you and your family
· Generous education budget for Nutanix and vendor certifications
· Brand new office with state-of-the-art amenities and harbour views; snacks, drinks, breakfast, and lunches provided daily
· A collaborative working environment with regular office events and team outings
· Opportunities for development and career growth
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.