Systems Reliability Engineer
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
You would join as a member of our world class follow-the-sun SRE team, a hand-picked group of engineers from leading virtualisation, compute, and networking companies who support, troubleshoot and improve our hybrid and private cloud platform day-to-day.
When issues are escalated to this team, they have often passed through Level 1-3 of our customers’ and/or partners’ troubleshooting process. To solve them, you’ll need to leverage existing and build new, deep knowledge of virtualisation, Linux, networking and storage.
Nutanix’s flat organisational structure means that every engineer we hire (once trained) is responsible for understanding and troubleshooting issues from Level 1-3, and P1 - P4 across our entire stack.
Building this breadth and depth of knowledge quickly will be rewarding but very challenging.
Fast and hungry learners, read on!
- Troubleshoot, debug, and diagnose customer issues encountered in the field.
- Improve serviceability of the product by testing new features and developing tools to scale our field deployment and auto-support infrastructure.
- Provide analysis of our existing customer base to avoid and minimise risks in the field.
- Define and lead changes to our product with our development engineering team based on feedback from customers and field implementations.
- Work with technology partners (e.g. VMware, Citrix, Microsoft) to resolve issues and push improvements in our ecosystem.
- Develop and work on internal and external knowledge bases.
- Provide support on weekdays and also off hours on an as needed and scheduled rotational basis (remunerated).
Qualifications and Experience:
- Significant work experience in troubleshooting at least two of the following: Virtualization (preferably VMware ESXi), Networking (preferably layer 2/3), Linux Systems (preferably CLI administration), Storage Analysis.
- BS in Engineering or CS (or equivalent technical degree) OR advanced level certifications in relevant technologies.
- Experience in a high-intensity vendor support environment AND/OR deep understanding of infrastructure hardware and software (beyond administration and provisioning)
You are a person who truly resonates with our values; Hungry, Humble & Honest with Heart. You obsess over the customer and have a bias for action towards their needs. You own your successes and failures alike, always striving to improve and develop yourself and those around you. You keep the big picture in view but know that in IT, a marathon is a series of sprints.
- Competitive salary package, (base, super, equity and perks)
- Comprehensive private health insurance for you and your family
- Industry leading product training and certifications
- Pathways to specialised technical, consultation and leadership positions for strong performers.
- Yearly international conferences (often in our Silicon Valley Head Office)
- Brand new Barangaroo offices with state of the art amenities.
Life as an SRE:
More on Nutanix:
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.