Member of Technical Staff- Nutanix Move (Workload Mobility)
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Customers are looking to deploy and manage workloads in a multi-cloud environment - across public cloud services such as AWS, Azure, GCP and private cloud infrastructure stacks built on Nutanix or other legacy solutions. Nutanix Move is looking to solve this hybrid cloud mobility challenge by enabling Applications to seamlessly move workloads from one cloud provider to another.
Nutanix Move team is looking to hire strong developer in area of Virtualization, Orchestration and systems programming.
- Architect and build a solution to enable seamless mobility of applications across different hypervisors and public cloud solutions such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Develop a deep understanding of complex distributed systems, and design innovative solutions for customer requirements.
- Work on performance, scaling out and resiliency of applications on different environments.
- Work closely with development, test, documentation and product management teams to deliver high-quality products in a fast-paced environment.
- Engage with customers and support when needed to solve production issues.
- 5-7 years of experience as a systems (virtualization/scalable apps) developer
- Love of programming and rock-solid in one or more languages: Go, C, C++, Java, ideally for enterprise-quality software
- Extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux. Expertise in Windows internals a huge plus.
- Development experience in a couple of the following areas: operating systems, database back-ends, distributed systems management, Cloud technologies
- Experience with Virtualization, microservices, Dockers/containers, Kubernetes, and other large-scale distributed systems a big plus
- Familiarity with OS internals, concepts of distributed data management, and design/implementation tradeoffs in building clustered, high- performance, fault-tolerant distributed systems software
- Experience working with virtualization technologies like VMware, KVM
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field required. Advanced degree in Computer Science preferred
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.