Nutanix is the right fit for you if you are passionate about technology, creative, and accomplished in your growing career. We pride ourselves on our encouraging culture where you learn from failures, pick yourself back up and become the best version of yourself. Nutanix offers several opportunities to participate in professional development and learning, fostering an inspiring environment. We believe in not only supporting you, but also your families through fully-paid healthcare plans, equity, and other financial tools and wellness programs.
The Corporate Systems Engineering team is responsible for building tools and services used by the Nutanix field sales organization all over the globe, including a public website to facilitate product demonstration and a private cloud of Nutanix clusters used for customer proof of concept and training exercises. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and support of custom software and tools used by the Nutanix field sales organization.
- Development of new software tools and services and improvements to existing tools and services
- Reverse engineer existing scripts and integrate into production applications
- Support of production services including troubleshooting and resolution of system failures, software bugs and user issues
- Collaborate with other team members including software developers and systems administrators
- Document product functionality and troubleshooting processes
- 4+ years experience building scalable web applications
- Linux and Windows scripting experience (Bash, Powershell, etc.)
- Confident in the use of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Understanding and comfort working with the entire Linux/Windows IT stack including networking, virtualization, directory services, etc.
- Computer Science degree, certificate, or relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving and social skills
- Excellent knowledge of browser troubleshooting and debugging practices and techniques
- Understanding of asynchronous and/or event-driven programming models
- Experience with version control systems such as git
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Experience developing containerized applications
- Experience with Node.js and Express
- Experience with testing suites (Mocha, Jest, etc.)
- Experience with webpack
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.