Senior Software Engineer
We are seeking for a Senior Software Engineer who could be part of our Cloud Infra team. We need a strong hands on developer to come in and design and develop microservices.
- Design and develop microservices in Nutanix’s hybrid cloud offering.
- Scale your software to simplify infrastructure provisioning and tenant onboarding.
- Build your software with clean interfaces and APIs with other components. Drive API contract driven development.
- Develop, deploy and devops of microservices with distributed design principles in a scalable multi-threaded, multi-tenant environment
- Closely research and monitor developments in open source software communities in the distributed cluster management areas
- Interact with other teams across system software stack, operations team to clearly communicate and express your requirements and design.
- Drive multiple major features from conceptualization to launch and maintenance.
- Mentor junior engineers
Required Skill set
- Excellent design and coding skills in Go, Python
- Experience in development, deployment and scaled SaaS applications combined with a devops model (CI/CD)
- Demonstrated experience in launch microservices with Docker and Kubernetes environment with further operation ownership of these services in a production environment.
- Experience with Virtualization technologies such as VMware, Hyper-V, and Xen
- Experience in Large-scale distributed systems such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra. Zookeeper is preferred
- Expertise working with RESTful intent-driven APIs
- Experience in public cloud technologies (AWS) and open source technologies.
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Can-do attitude while solving difficult problems spanning across multiple teams
- Comfortable working in a fast-moving agile environment
- IaaS layer development for solutions.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s and Master’s (Preferred) in Computer Science
- 5-7+ years of industry experience or equivalent research experience
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.