Director of Americas Sales Finance
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 5,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
Finance Director – Americas Sales
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Sales Finance, the Finance Director will be responsible for providing end-to-end support to the Sr. VP of Americas Sales—overseeing the financial planning, budgeting, and management reporting processes. As the trusted advisor to the Sr. VP, this person will drive streamlined reporting and analyses to provide insights to help guide our overall GTM strategy in the Americas. Success in this role will require the ability to 1) cultivate effective business partnerships across Sales and within the Corporate Finance team, and 2) distill conclusions into succinct, impactful analyses, with recommendations appropriate for executive management.
- Lead long and short-term financial planning and forecasting supporting the Americas Sales organization
- Partner with corporate sales finance to consolidate operating budgets
- Develop executive summary presentations and monthly management reporting and analysis packages to support strategic decisions
- Maintain and improve financial models/reports that track and analyze functional costs and their impact on the company’s overall performance
- Prepare sales productivity analyses and provide actionable recommendations executive management
- Identify risks and opportunities that drive financial results and effectively communicate to Finance and Americas leadership
- Drive reporting, forecasting and process improvements, including developing dashboards
- Provide ad hoc analyses and key messages to Executives and Sales leadership on financial results, key business trends, and current and future business opportunities and risks
- Partner with multiple functions including the Field Sales, Sales Strategy, Sales Compensation, Accounting, Recruiting, Sales/Corporate Finance and others to assure strategic and analytical alignment, as well as data consistency and efficiency
- 10-15 years of progressive experience in an FP&A role, preferably sales, including 5-7 years financial planning experience in a large public company environment; CMA and/or MBA highly desirable.
- Exceptional financial, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong results orientation and bias to action. Healthy impatience for change. Willingness to ask the tough questions and challenge the status quo.
- Self-motivated, demonstrates initiative, flexibility, maturity under pressure, and anticipates and resolves problems before they develop.
- Superior relationship-building and influence management skills in interactions with senior leaders, peers, business partners
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle competing priorities
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.