Senior Network Engineer
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
- Design, deploy and maintain the Nutanix network infrastructure to include routers, switches, firewalls wireless access points, NAC and other network devices.
- Review existing processes and recommend changes or institute new processes as necessary, including the areas of monitoring, upgrades, and tuning.
- Experience developing and deploying SDN solutions at scale. Pythonprogramming/automation/orchestration experience a must
- Management of both remote-access and site-to-site VPN tunnels in a PaloAlto Firewall environment. Debugging and troubleshooting of any IPsec/network related issues VPN access.
- Monitoring and management of Cisco ISE platform.
- Generate high-quality project documentation, such as architecture designs, implementation plans, design documents, test plans, etc.
- Provide documentation, training and technical escalation applicable for day-to-day administration and change requests for network configuration.
- Provide technical escalation and be on call during designated periods.
- Diagnose, as appropriate, complex systems issues with multiple influencing factors which may require interaction with vendors to resolve problems.
- 6+ years of experience designing, deploying and maintaining large data center environments
- 3+ years in a SaaS production environment
- Bachelor's degree in Network Engineering or related field
- Experience with internal monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, Nagios, etc
- Knowledge of network access control on Cisco devices preferred
- Experience in cable management techniques desired
- Experience deploying and maintaining wide area networks with emphasis on IPSec VPN and MPLS transport preferred
- Experience with Cisco IOS, IOS-XE and NX-OS preferred
- Familiarity with administration of network services (DNS, NTP, AAA servers, etc) is desirable
- Experience working in a load balanced environment is desirable
- Experience with F5, Palo Alto Networks
- Experience with SDN technologies will be a must
- Experience building distributed systems and highly-available services.
- Experience developing and deploying VPN solutions.
- Familiarity with tunneling protocols (VXLAN, GRE, Geneve).
- Familiarity with routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS).
- Familiarity or involvement with open source SDN projects.
- A strong plus if you are familiar with:
- ITIL v3
- Infrastructure Monitoring
- IT Security Principles
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.