Sr. Manager, Business Development
Sr. Manager, Business Development
Nutanix is expanding its Strategic Partnerships and Business Development team. We are looking for a Business Development and Strategic Partnership Manager to join our strong and growing Alliances team. This role is a high-profile, leadership facing position that will be tasked with global responsibilities to help drive Nutanix strategy and growth through its partnerships with tier 1 ISV and IHV partners.
The Senior Business Development Manager will be responsible for growing & sustaining Nutanix’s SW Partner Strategy with leading SW, HW and Component vendors such as Red Hat, Intel, AMD, Nvidia and others; defining and evangelizing the joint value proposition within both Nutanix and partner organization(s); working side by side with Product, Sales and Engineering leaders at Nutanix, and in collaboration with senior leadership at both organizations. This role holds opportunity to shape and accelerate Nutanix’s growth in the coming years. We are looking for a true leader that can drive results, build internal consensus, and is focused on execution.
About the Candidate
The ideal candidate will be a driven, experienced business development professional with either an established track record of developing strategic partnerships and generating value and/or a strong technical background in relevant HW/SW fields. Candidate should have a strong technical foundation, including an in-depth working knowledge of the enterprise software and datacenter infrastructure spaces and ideally exposure and experience with Hyperconverged and Cloud solutions. Candidate should be an energetic, decisive professional with a get-the-job-done attitude and a friendly approach. Candidate will be expected to leverage existing business relationships at key HW vendors to drive growth whilst constantly looking for new opportunities to position Nutanix for success.
- Develop and execute on an overall vision, strategy, and work plan for each strategic partner
- Engage all relevant stakeholders (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Product Management, Operations, Services, etc.) and decision makers, to drive cross-functional alignment and TTM of joint Nutanix-Partner offering
- Identify key areas of alignment between Nutanix & HW Vendor, focused on specific industries or target growth markets & solutions offerings
- Initiate and maintain communication cadence across partnerships, for partner and Nutanix teams to drive interlock and alignment on both strategy and tactical issues
- Build strategic alignment with Nutanix Channel partners to drive go-to-market programs, solutions development, field enablement and technical alignment
- Evangelize Nutanix to key stakeholders at all levels of the Partner and the Channel
- Support negotiations of technology & business agreements with technology partners, and other ecosystem partners
- Establish and track key success metrics
Qualifications and Education
The Sr. Manager of Business Development should have the following:
- 7+ years’ experience in driving product development/engineering OR developing technology partnerships in enterprise software, virtualization, storage and/or data center spaces
- Prior experience working at or with Intel, Nvidia, AMD, Supermicro, Red Hat is an advantage; Experience working with a major server OEM is a plus
- Working knowledge of major industry trends in enterprise software and infrastructure including, but not limited to, Cloud, Enterprise Software, Virtualization, Converged Infrastructure, Software Defined Data Centers, Big Data, etc
- Proven ability to successfully build strong relationships with partners
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with Sales, Engineering, Marketing and Legal and drive cross-functional initiatives from start to finish; A true self-starter who can quickly assess business requirements and become a trusted and integral part of the Nutanix team
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, determine project urgency, execute detailed action plans, whilst “keeping all balls in the air”
- Structured thinker with superior writing, presentation, and problem solving skills
- Exceptional communications & inter-personal skills; Hands-on, “can-do” attitude; with adequate humility and a sense of humor; Highest level of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- Mature and confident, with the executive presence to effectively represent the company externally and bring enhanced credibility to Nutanix.
- MBA or equivalent experience is desired. Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent technical experience highly preferred.
The scope of responsibilities for this role is global, and some travel (domestic & international) may be required. A comprehensive competitive compensation program will be tailored to the chosen candidate. Compensation will consist of a competitive base salary, a variable performance bonus, equity, and a comprehensive benefits program.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves “Nutants”) are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We’re growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We’re an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected].
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.