Systems Support Engineer (contract)
The Systems Support Engineer is responsible for supporting the technical design and implementation of systems to manage and support our global fleet of Macs. The role is involved in supporting and implementing, in varying capacities, a range of client tools including MDM, endpoint protection, and software deployment.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Support role in the design and implementation of end-user computing solutions that may be multifaceted and complex in nature.
- Assist with Client Platform Engineering priority initiatives and projects, prioritising and appropriately managing timelines, scopes, and requirements.
- Provide assistance in troubleshooting, and resolution on escalated incidents and problems from Global IT Support, ensuring minimum MTTR, and providing problem analysis and issue resolution in a timely manner while meeting resolution SLAs.
- Participate in cross-functional projects in support of end-user productivity and end-user computing security.
- Provide timely and creative solutions to end-user computing issues of a complex nature to ensure highest productivity.
- Maintain endpoint patch management and respond to endpoint security compromises and zero-day attacks in a timely manner as applicable to the Mac environment.
- Participate in standardisation efforts to ensure IT can take advantage of repeatable processes to support the environment.
- Participate in knowledge transfer with members within the team to elevate IT skillset and with Global IT Support for cross-functional training on projects.
- Communicate effectively with management, peers, and customers, via all written and verbal communication channels and in face-to-face situations.
Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of Security platforms highly desired
- Excellent problem-solving and superior customer service skills required.
- Experience and knowledge of networking systems and concepts required.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment, being self-managed required.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal skills required.
- Stays in touch with technology changes and our endpoint/end-user environment.
- Expertise in Jamf is a nice to have.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.