Member of Technical Staff (QA Automation - Nutanix Clusters)
The Nutanix Clusters Team is continuing to build a product that is a True Hybrid Cloud extension from on-premises data centers to public clouds: Allowing the management of applications in private and public clouds without retooling or rework translation between environments. We are looking to add a Developer to this Team that will help drive and transform our product offerings as we evolve deeper into the hybrid cloud. This is an exciting opportunity to work on leading edge technologies that cross the landscape of Nutanix products and guide our journey into the next evolution of Hybrid Cloud.
As Senior Test Automation Engineer, you will be:
- Empowered to test the quality of the deliverables and influence the delivery of quality products/features
- Automating test cases written and executed as part of new feature testing, and enabling automated regression runs for subsequent releases.
- Working closely with the Development team to ensure that the code developed is testable - are the logs sufficient, should any test hooks be built into the code, is there enough debug information available in case of failure, etc.
- Analysing failures and determining root cause, filing defects in the Defect Tracking System and driving them to closure
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Programming experience for Test Automation with Python
- Automating test cases and execute as part of new feature testing and regression testing and enabling automated regression runs for subsequent releases
- Experience working in DevOps model (CI/CD).
- Experience with writing and debugging automation tests for complex enterprise software
- Experience in filesystems/object store/distributed systems/HCI/Cloud technologies is a plus
- Experience using virtualization technologies such as VMware vSphere, Hyper-V, KVM or XenSever.
- 6+ years of experience in QA and automation
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related stream
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.