Senior Global Technical Support Trainer
Sr. Technical Trainer
In this role, you are the Technical Trainer responsible for onboarding and training new Support engineers for your entire region. You will exhibit technical skill and passion as an instructor and communicator in leading onsite and virtual classroom sessions for both the local Support Team and Nutanix Authorized Support Partners.
Working closely with Support management, you will be expected to drive improvements with people, processes, and technologies to increase successful customer resolutions by the Support team.
In the classes that you teach, you will validate the correctness of the materials, set appropriate expectations before and during the class, and ensure learner satisfaction with the scope and depth of what is covered. Further to this, a core part of your role will be to evaluate, audit, and potentially coach other trainers. Finally, you will work towards continually improving the scale, depth, and quality of the Nutanix Support onboarding experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- New Hire Training - coordinate and deliver classes to onboard newly hired Support team members.
- Nutanix Technical Training - lead and deliver onsite and virtual classroom sessions of the Nutanix training courses
- Nutanix Technical Certifications - proctor the Nutanix Support Specialist practical exams for Nutanix Authorized Support Partners
- Drive Improvements - obtain feedback from new hires and collaborate with Worldwide Technical Trainers to continually improve the onboarding experience
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Prior experience delivering technical training
- Prior experience authoring technical content (videos, documentation, product guides, lab guides)
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication
- Experience as a Support Engineer or proven technical troubleshooting skills in at least two of the following: Virtualization (preferably VMware ESXi), Networking (preferably layer 2/3), Linux Systems (preferably CLI administration), Cloud or Enterprise Storage
- Ability to manage multiple projects within tight timeframes
- Ability to work effectively on global and virtual teams and accommodate time differences
- Work in a fast-paced, rewarding environment with tight deadlines and minimal supervision that demands high quality, creativity, and consistency
- BS in Engineering or CS (or equivalent technical degree and 5+ years of work experience)
- Travel up to 25% of the time
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in San Jose, California, Nutanix is a passionate team of 6000+ employees worldwide. Our people (we call ourselves "Nutants") are the heartbeat of #LifeAtNutanix and one of the many things that makes Nutanix a great place to work at. We share an intellectual curiosity, a bias for action, and an obsession for our customers. We are builders and problem solvers with an entrepreneurial spirit. Above all, we celebrate what makes each of us unique.
We're growing fast and disrupting the computing industry. Join us and make your mark.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
We're an equal opportunity employer
Nutanix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and (in the U.S.) an Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other category protected by applicable law. We hire and promote individuals solely on the basis of qualifications for the job to be filled.
We strive to foster an inclusive working environment that enables all our Nutants to be themselves and to do great work in a safe and welcoming environment, free of unlawful discrimination, intimidation, or harassment.
As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided with reasonable accommodations. If you need reasonable accommodation, please let us know by contacting [email protected]
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.