Cloud Application Architect - Productivity Infrastructure Services
Who are our employees?
We’re an eclectic group of 4,000+ dreamers, believers and builders, operating in over 40 countries. We’re Hungry. Humble. Honest. With Heart. The 4H’s: these are our core values and the DNA of our company. They help drive our employees to succeed, to strive to be better, to learn from every experience. Our employees are encouraged to have spirited debates and conversations and to think with a founder’s mindset. This means we’re all CEO’s of the company and, as such, make the best decision every day that aligns with our company goals. It’s through our values, our conversations and mindsets that we can continue to disrupt the industry and drive innovation in the market.
Who are we in the market?
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and hyperconverged infrastructure solutions, making infrastructure invisible so that IT can focus on the applications and services that power their business. Companies around the world use Nutanix Enterprise Cloud OS software to bring one-click application management and mobility across public, private and distributed edge clouds so they can run any application at any scale with a dramatically lower total cost of ownership. The result is organizations that can rapidly deliver a high-performance IT environment on demand, giving application owners a true cloud-like experience. Learn more about our products at www.nutanix.com or follow us on Twitter @Nutanix.
We are seeking an experienced Architect to design our next generation productivity infrastructure services & tools for developers. We are looking for someone who takes initiative, thinks holistically, and works collaboratively to solve problems, create processes and further large-scale objectives.
- Understand business goals and translate those into an appropriate technical solution
- Provide technical design leadership with the responsibility to ensure the efficient use of resources, the selection of appropriate technology, and use of appropriate design methodologies
- Design, Build and run large scale, distributed, highly-available and fault-tolerant applications in a SaaS environment
- Define all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Audit and review all potential approaches and solicit input from key stakeholders
- Define and evangelize data pipeline, data architecture, data instrumentation, define database schema as appropriate
- Ensure high availability and provide application support to enable 24x7 monitoring
- Ability to manage numerous projects while maintaining a high level of detail
- Provide mentoring, technical guidance and coaching to engineers
- Bachelors and/or master's in computer science OR related field of study
- 10+ years' experience with full stack development of Cloud/SaaS Applications
- 2+ years' experience as leading a team of engineers
- Experience with architecting, building and running large scale, distributed, highly-available, secure and fault-tolerant applications in a SaaS environment
- Experience in full stack development with Node.js/Go/Python, with front-end frameworks (Jquery, Backbone.js/Angular.js/React.js)
- Experience with in-memory, relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience with developing and managing cloud-computing environments like Amazon EC2, Azure, GCP, Heroku is a real plus
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.