Portfolio Specialist, (DevOps Services) North- & East-Europe and Russia
The Portfolio Specialist, (DevOps Services) - Northern-Europe combines deep technical subject matter expertise with a keen understanding of how to address the critical business needs of enterprise customers through Nutanix products and solutions. The SE is a high-impact, high-visibility role, and is considered to be the pinnacle of the Systems Engineering career path at Nutanix.
- Support our sales teams on large and/or strategic opportunities
- Lead engagements on customers evaluating DevOps landscape
- Communicate market needs to Product Management and Engineering teams
- Engage with senior technical decision makers throughout the sales process
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted advisor within select accounts to identify opportunities and sell Nutanix Solutions
- Ability to leverage and maximize reseller/alliance partner relationships to increase sales
- Create and deliver technical product and solution presentations and/or training sessions to customers, partners, and Nutanix SEs as needed
- Install, support, and maintain Nutanix solutions during Proof of Concept (POC) deployments
- Stay well ahead of the learning curve in your area of expertise and related business trends by participating in the larger DevOps community and projects
- Mentor Nutanix employees to grow their skill sets and abilities to progress on their career path
- Excellent knowledge of any one of Ruby, Go, Python, Bash, PowerShell
- Experience in design, deployment and integration of configuration management and automation tools like – Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt
- Exposure to cloud automation tools like Cliqr/Cloud Center, vRealize Operations, Cloud Bolt
- Working knowledge of IaaS/PaaS systems like AWS, GCP, Azure, OpenShift, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Docker, Kubernetes is desired.
- Demonstrable experience integrating APIs across different platforms is a plus
- Well versed in SDLC, DevOps and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment with large scale organizations.
- Thorough understanding of one or more of the following areas:
- Application Virtualization
- Server Virtualization
- Networking, Storage, and Platform Performance/Sizing
- Maintain relationships with technical resources at all levels of a customer organization
- Thorough understanding of technical sales techniques and processes including the ability to understand customer needs, overcome objections, assist in the development of business cases, and technically close deals
- Flexible, dependable, self-starter, capable of quickly learning new products and technologies
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills
- Ability to travel within the United States as required
- Knowledge of Windows/Linux/UNIX
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5-8 years prior Technology Evangelism/Marketing, System Reliability Engineering, Sales Engineering or Reseller experience in a high-tech sales environment with a demonstrated track record of success in driving customer adoption of technology
Can be based anywhere within the Northern Europe region:
Travel: Required Often
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.