Member of Technical Staff - Collector Framework Service (Nutanix Insights)
Hungry. Humble. Honest.
Our values form the foundation of who we are and how we operate every day around the world. They show up in our ambition to achieve our dreams, our courage to do what matters, and our tenacity to keep customers happy. At Nutanix, we prize those unique individuals who demonstrate empathy, respect differences, and appreciate others. If you’re authentic, credible and transparent—someone who walks your talk and thrives on collaboration—we want you to join our team!
Be a part of building a company that is truly leading an IT revolution. We make infrastructure invisible, elevating IT to focus on the applications and services that power their business. Led by Dheeraj Pandey, CRN’s “Top 25 Innovators of 2016 & 2018,” Nutanix welcomes big thinkers and budding entrepreneurs, those who are unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build a business along the way. Nutanix employees enjoy some amazing benefits and perks healthcare, plenty of snacks, employee (and family) events, world renowned speakers, training and development, and much more.
We are looking for strong systems / distributed systems engineers who are experienced with developing, debugging standalone unix services. In this role, you will work with development teams spread across San Jose USA, Pune location.This position is based in Pune, India. Pune is the second development center of Nutanix in India and its growing very aggressively.
Collector Framework Service
Nutanix analytics collects telemetry data from Nutanix data centers across our customer base. Insights platform processes this data to generate useful insights on product usage. These insights will drive the efforts towards Data Center optimization, Dedicated support and auto-remediation, Operations and Engineering Process optimizations and product features.
Nutanix CFS team provides scalable, fault tolerant, reliable service to collect telemetry data from different services / processes in Nutanix installations and provides mechanism to send data to the Nutanix cloud analytics platform. This team also owns various collectors which collect telemetry data from various nutanix services and sends data to Nutanix analytics platform through CFS. We are looking for strong developers with experience in systems / distributed systems development for CFS team.
- Design and develop features in CFS service and collectors
- Enhancements in existing collectors and writing new collectors
- Involve in performance and resource optimization
- You will join a small, impactful, and dynamic team
- Work on performance, scaling out and resiliency of distributed systems
- Work closely with development, test, documentation and product management teams to deliver high quality products and services
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field
- 8-10 years of work experience in storage / systems / distributed systems development
- Programming experience in at least one of Go / C++ / Java / C / Python and willingness to pick others.
- Experience in developing long running server / system processes in Unix / Linux systems
- Excellent debugging, performance optimization, resource profiling experience
- Knowledge of Algorithms and Optimization
- Understanding of with technologies such as Kafka, MapReduce, ZooKeeper, Kubernetes is a plus
- Datacenter Monitoring and Telemetry experience. SNAP, collectd or any other data/log collection is desirable
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.